1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

(Machine) Gun Range Recommendations

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by thecarve, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother-in-law will be among the folks joining me on my next trip. He’s not much of a gambler so we’ve been trying to think of things to do other than gambling that we all might enjoy. He’s expressed interest in shooting machine guns in Vegas, so we thought that might be a fun excursion.

So, I would love to hear about any experiences you’ve had – good or bad – as well as any tips or recommendations you might have. Is any place better than the others? Is there a particular “package” or gun(s) you’d recommend? If you remember prices, I’d really appreciate that info as well. I know it won’t be cheap, but I’d like to be prepared so there’s no sticker shock when I get there.

(I’m really only interested in fully automatic machine guns or something sufficiently “out of the ordinary” and/or badass. :headbang: We can head down to the national forest about ten minutes away from my house to shoot run-of-the-mill guns any time we want.)

Many thanks!

2. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my then 12yr old son to Guns and Ammo garage, and we shared the 'bang for your buck' package. We each got a magazine or belt on 8 different guns. Package price was 479, and they give you some 'credit' toward purchasing other stuff. We ended up getting him a shirt and the videos. Out the door it was a little over 500, and we were there less than an hour total, about 25min in the range. We didn't add on any other guns but you can do that if you wish. It was a lot of fun, but pricey and quick. If you are interested you can search for 'gmille58' on youtube and see the clips of us in action. Wont do it again most likely, but figured for a 12yr old into those video games, he would have some bragging rights with his friends.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Battlefield Vegas

Have been there a few times and they have been great. They have a lot of unusual guns that many of the other ranges don't have. They have packages or you can just choose individual weapons.

4. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to The Gun Store and had a great time. Prices are all online on their website so you can be prepared. It is pricey and goes by fast, but it was well worth it to us.

5. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've shot guns in Vegas a lot of times before, almost always at The Gun Store. Those discount coupon books everywhere in Vegas usually has coupons for this place as well.

The last time I went, I went to range 702, I highly recommend it over The Gun Store. http://www.therange702.com/ We also found them much more reasonable than TGS, but you can check both websites to compare if you wish.

Happy Shooting! :D

6. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always wanted to go to one of these ranges, just too damn expensive.

TFK

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first recommendation is to bring along a video camera. No, not your phone but a video camera as you will want to record it.

Check each web site and do a price comparison. If possible try to get a package deal that allows you to experience a variety of items. When finished you can pick your favorite and do a few extra mags (or belts).

If you can find a Thompson with a 50 or 100 round drum definitely give it a go!!!!:beer:

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd have to agree: I did it and wiping a tear from my eye in fond rememberance I can say it was everything I dreamed it would be :) :) :)

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, great info!

Nice videos, gmille58. Bet your boy had a blast (no pun intended:rolleyes2:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.