1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Diamond Preview Card

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ducky90, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducky90

Ducky90 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last few year I've been only to make it down to Vegas once or twice a yr for a couple day, making it very hard for me to reach diamond.

I was wondering, how does one go about getting a diamond preview card for a few days, is it even possible, any suggestions?
    I am heading to Vegas Dec 12th, and was hoping to minimize buffet line ups, etc.

Thanks
    D

2. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of a preview card. Can you explain this to me?

Personally, I'd like a 7 star card :peace:

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never, ever, ever heard of such a thing. Not sure it would be to their benefit to do this and hundreds, thousands of people would love to try it and the value for those that earned it would then be worthless.

But, with two play days of 2,500 tier points each, you can be Diamond.

4. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host hooked me up before with a diamond card a few years ago (guessing he just got a reprint of my card on diamond stock). I asked more recently and was told the rules had changed and could no longer do it (I also didn't play as high, maybe that did it too).

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonder if he was just going around the "system". Would be very easy to give someone a Diamond Card, even if they were not a true Diamond.

Would probably bounce at Diamond Lounge as they swipe them and the computer would say NO WAY!

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never heard of that card but some places have differnt rules for table players.

now basicaly everything is thru there computer system so you have to earn it.

there are rare situations that can be changed.

say your a High Roller and took a big loss.

i know off one property that as a top tierd card for table players as theres players card is slot based but a host has to get it for you. not a cet prop.

7. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was somewhere in between I think . I got enough points for Diamond In a day but never registered for the promotion. He must have put something in the system because I was able to goto the TR desk and they printed out the card for me. He also have me one when I met up with him. The weird thing is my status never moved from platinum to diamond after the trip.

I only wanted it to skip the line at bacchanal, never tried the diamond lounge.

8. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of registering for a DIAD promotion. I'm not sure they have a DIAD anymore since the bonus system started. Especially since it's just as easy doing it officially in two days.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen or heard of the Preview card in ages. Basically, they give you a temp upgrade to Diamond so you can experience the perks and give you an incentive to up your play to make it. I don't think you can ask for it and based on what you are describing, they would probably be slow to give you one. They would have to feel as if you were in a position to hit the number in time.

10. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These temporary diamond cards/certificates are no longer available.

11. Ducky90

Ducky90 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone I couldn't find anything online either, I was given one of these back in late January... Maybe they usually it as a companion card, however I just checked and it does say "diamond preview card"

12. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still got the card? Take a pic and load it on here

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At times you can get into Caesars buffet with a Platinum card (short line) - but often only Diamond/7Star. The other buffets & quicker seating will give you access if you are Platinum.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.