1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Halloween night

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Robertintx, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's a mute point now, but why was security so tight getting onto Freemont ? It was worse there than at the airport. Show ID, get scanned, get patted down then a dog sniffs you. After that you get your wrist band.
    I'm just curious that's all. Plus Halloween was totally unbelieveable especially for my, being 68 and living in the country. Once you think you've seen it all there's something else. It was just an endless list of costumes and people.
    If I had know, I've have brought my 2 quart pan and some rope and tied the handle around my waist with the pan hanging in front.. Hence peter pan..
    Alas, there's always next year..
    Have a good time every one !

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moot.

I was dismayed with the security as well. It made me wonder what right they had to demand ID etc.

I decided it was better than getting shot by some drunk hoohah in a fight with Squarebob Spongepants.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont.

Keep in mind the city was at the tail end of showcasing an increased police/security presence on FS Experience and FS East. They were sending a message (mostly to local youths bringing in outside alcohol) that the area is no longer their playground.

Things seem to be back to normal now, as far as security goes. But, typically, these things are cyclical. Things get out of hand and police/security escalate control. Things get better and control de-escalates - until the next time.

Bill

4. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well we made it down there a lil late.. maybe around 12am-1230am and we didn't have to go thru any security... but we did witness some LA looking gang members get into a fight and other chics as well.. very rowdy... thank goodness no weapons were involved...

5. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say for certain, but if they were issuing wristbands they were simply checking age with the ID check.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the world is changing, part of the reason is parents today don't have control of their kids.....if I got into trouble my dad would have kicked my ass. Now all parents want to do is give the kid a time out....I'm not saying you abuse your kids but a good swift kick in the ass didn't hurt me....:peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.