1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any complimentary upgrades available?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you received complimentary upgrades in Vegas simply by asking at check-in (not including the $20 trick)? Have you received them without asking?

When, where and how?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Every upgrade I've ever head in Vegas and elsewhere has been like that. I never do the $20 thing, I still see that as kind of crass or something. I just ask nicely if there's anything they can do.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you provide some examples from Vegas, Kickin?

4. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the exact phrase I use: "Any complimentary upgrades available?" First, I ask if they can double-check that they have my players card number in their system, then I ask about the upgrade. Sometimes I have a $20 in my hand, but I don't know if they always see that. Just asking, nicely with an enthusiastic smile, has worked at: Bellagio, Bally's, Paris, and Planet Hollywood. Not that I've been updated to a suite or anything, but at least one or two notches up from my reserved room. And then I tip them $20.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The only ones I can remember were on early trips where my comp was for a regular room. At places like MGM, Mirage, and Caesars I got upgraded to low-level suites or something like the Augustus (or Octavius?) tower at Caesars, from some comp room in an old tower, shortly after it opened, and I had no higher tier or anything. I remember the early ones at MGM were something like a regular room to a "bungalow suite" which was just a bigger room and are something different now, also the first time I stayed in their spa suite was from an upgrade. I usually don't ask for a strip view since I prefer seeing the mountains or airport, so that's not an upgrade I can comment on.

Since I learned from this board that upgrades cost against your discretionary comps I'm less likely to ask since I don't really care about the upgrade, whatever I'm comped in upfront now is usually cool.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is covered in the $20 Trick section of the board.

Not everyone uses the $20 trick, some just "ask nicely." Those responses are in there too.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.