1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Grounds Half of Fleet

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by runningonthehub, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up to those with flights booked on Allegiant for the rest of the month. They are forced to ground 30 of its MD-80 aircraft for inspection of emergency slides.

http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1379727961.html, is the link.

With such a small fleet, this will cause many delays and cancellations.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I saw that on their Facebook page and all kinds of people were pissed off, and I would be too. I saw their first post at 2:30AM MT time Saying there were going to be a lot of delays today. Most people are in bed by then if they have an early morning flight. Imagine waking up at 6AM to see your flight has been delayed or canceled for an inspection. They say everything should be back to normal by Sunday but I doubt it.

I'm flying with them Oct 7 and I hope everythings all situated and my slide works.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem here is that Allegiant is such a small carrier this will have a ripple effect, it will be days or a week before they are back on schedule. I would not want to be one of those folks stranded.....:grrr:

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least this time they are accommodating people on other carriers, and paying some expenses. I have never had an issue, but I have heard horror stories about people being stranded for days, or having to purchase their own last minute tickets on other carriers. This is why I hesitate to fly to Hawaii with them. A lot easier to get home from Vegas than it is from Hawaii.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.