1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood 9-7 to 9-14

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kobra2848, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First trip report which I will break into catagories. This was our longest stay arriving on a Saturday and leaving the following Saturday that me and the wife have attempted. I always go thinking it's only money and I and if I lose I work so i'll make some more whereas the wife reminds me she works hard for her money.

FLIGHTS

Flew Southwest direct from SAT with no problems arriving 10 minutes early. No cab line direct to PHO under $15 gave him a $20 for getting us there fast.

HOTEL

Got a Hollywood Hip with a view on the 32nd floor paying for the first and last night with the rest of the nights comped. I signed up for the Total Rewards credit card to get the bump to platinum so paid no resort fees. The first room was next to the ice machine and the safe did not work so back to the front desk to get moved to a resort room on the 9th floor. I really liked the double sinks in the second room. My wife works for Lancome cosmetics so you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that travels with us on these outings. It was nice to have my own sink.

SHOWS

The main reason for coming was Iron Maiden on Thursday night. Awesome concert and the wife got great seats. We also saw Rock of Ages which I thought was so so but the wife hated. Last trip we saw Unlock the Rock Vault at LVH and she thought it was going to be similar. I tried to explain but did she listen.

RESTAURANTS

We have a bunch of TR's so mostly ate where we could pay with points. Also got the 24 hr buffet pass for signing up for the CC so we ate a Spice Market that first night for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it and i'm not a big buffet lover. We normally just do the breakfast because my wife loves omelets and I can live off bacon. It was so good that we decided to have dinner there the second night instead of going to the new place at Caesars.
    My wife is crazy about Gordon Ramsey so we went one night to his steak house in Paris. We were seated upstairs and the wife had a great view of the whole place while I got to keep an eye on the hand washing sink in the kitchen. The wife got the Beef Wellington while I had the bone in ribeye. I could tell she wasn't enjoying her steak and mine wasn't anything to write home about. It will most likely be our last time eating there.
    We also ate twice each at Earl of Sandwich , Burger Brassiere and Hash House which were all great. I signed up for text alerts from Caesar's and received texts from them for buy one get one free at both HH and Burger Brassiere.

GAMBLING

I mostly play video poker and craps and had intended to play some blackjack this trip. I discovered the build a wheel poker machines and had a blast playing them. I think I only had one losing session. On one of the days I was dealt four aces and picked up the kicker on two of the five hands. On one of the days I saw the same machine at Harrahs and sat down and threw in a hundred playing 10 hands and filled in two slices back to back. I then went on a dry spell and noticed my credits were dropping fast. It was then I noticed it was a quarter machine and not a nickle. Luckly I was able to build the wheel with a small profit.
    This trip my wife decided to play penny machines and when I say penny I mean 20 or 30 cents at a time. Remember she works hard for her money selling make-up. Well she did really good. One night we walked across to Cosmo and at a machine by the front bar and the first 30 cent spin she won $92 bucks. It was wild she sat there and played for two hours while I enjoyed their wonderful drinks and still cashed out 80 bucks up. She also did great on a machine where you get to roll dice like in craps getting credits until you roll a 7. One time she flicked the dice 22 times cashing out at almost 200 dollars on a 5 dollar buyin.
    I attempted to play the Lion Share one day but a lady was camped out with a guy lurking a few machines over waiting for her to finish.It was at 2,321,316.39 on Thursday the 12th for those that want to know. It is also in the same place right outside the High Limit room.
    I also found Beejays and Gaggles private bathroom in the High Limit room at Bally's. The towels are a nice touch but didn't have much luck gambling there.

MISC

I have to give props to the people at PHO lost and found. When we switched rooms my wife left her phone charger in the first room and they were very helpful in helping us retrieve it.
    Next time we will go back to flying in on Sunday and leaving on Friday. This was the first time I have been ready to leave. The wife came back with $200 more than she took and I came back with about $400 less than I took. Not bad for 7 nights and it was most likely a winning trip because I did not use my credit card once.

Thanks for reading and can't wait to go again. I might try and squeeze in one more trip before the end of the year to try and hit platinum. The wife loved jumping the lines.

Mark

2. BlackjackCat

BlackjackCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good trip my dude! Arent ya already platinum if ya signed up for the credit card though?

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun trip....thanks for sharing with us!! Good luck next time. :)

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He will be platinum until March 31st of 2014, unless he reaches 5000 TC by December 31st of 2013. In that event, he will renew his platinum status thru March 31st of 2015.

To the OP, CET has properties all over the country where you can earn TC, just in case another Vegas trip doesn't work out before the end of the year.

5. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas during that time for the fight and your trip report explains why I saw so many Iron Maided t-shirts!

6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes but it says valid thru 03/2014 and the next trip with the wife will be next May. Hopefully I'll still be platinum until 03/2015 but I got pretty close this trip.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.