1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wacky Vegas Weather

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Frankr163, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving tomorrow for Vegas and just checked the 10 day forecast.
    Thunderstorms are possible everyday!!!
    I know I seem to have a cloud following me around when it comes to gambling, but I can't catch a break.
    I have had it rain on 15 or so days out of last 20 in town. That's covering two year of visits.
    Four inches of annual rainfall and I get it all!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but you gotta keep in mind... seldom is it a "rainy day" in Vegas. On the days when rain does appear, like the current monsoon-type season, it's generally swift and fast moving... meaning it darkens quickly, pours like hell and then moves on. Also, it seemingly never covers the whole area and you can see it developing and coming. Once it passes, it's back to sunshine or even party cloudy, but the rain is gone. Of course, then you gotta wade thru the water for a bit, but even that goes down pretty swiftly.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One day when I was there, 8/26, I think, it was like being in Seattle. An all day light, but steady, rain. Thunderstorms about 3 other days, including a gully washer that closed roads all over the Valley. I thought I heard someone say the road to Mt. Charelston was washed out!

4. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there 8/24-8/31 and thunderstorms were forecast everyday. It rained on the strip for 10 mins one morning (light rain) but the bulk of it was out by Red Rock/Mt Charleston, who suffered some flooding.

Don't panic!

5. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze - I missed the wet day on 8/26 as I was in LA. Lucky me!

6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be a prack here, I don't know what it did on the Strip, but on Fremont one day it rained the entire day, I'm not sure if it was that Monday or another day and there were bulletins on tv about the flooding, which may have been Red Rock area, I was playing poker in the Golden Nugget at the time and only half watching.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotcha, I posted before I saw your reply.:peace:

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love thunderstorms in Vegas! One trip this summer the wife and I just pulled the chairs up to the window of our room at M Resort, poured a couple of drinks and watched the lightning for a few hours. Free light show!

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to see a few thunderstorms in Vegas. I'd really like to see snow in Vegas. I'd be like a kid in, well, snow.

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I have an old high school buddy that's lived in Vegas for 12 years now. He said this is the most rain he's ever seen out there. And yes, a lot of it is out in the Red Rock/Mt Charleston area.

I'm wondering if the "river of water" from between Harrahs/The Quad will be contained after the Linq project is completed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.