1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Le Reve or O?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by GottaLuvCruising, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between the shows La Reve and O, which one would you want to see? Or better yet, which would you want to see a 2nd time?

Based on reviews I've been reading, these two shows sound more alike than different and both get glowing reviews (La Reve is rated slightly higher on TripAdvisor).

We are returning for a weekend in October and finding some of the shows we planned to see are not available. So I'm looking for show ideas for Friday night and Sunday night, but am reluctant to do both of these shows.

Please share feedback!

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get varying views on this, but in my opinion, Le Reve is much better than O. I have seen Le Reve about 4 times. I saw O once and would not see it again, especially for the price that they want for it. I think Le Reve had better acts, made more sense, and had better music. But like I said, you will get different opinions on this.

3. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive seen both-im going to see le reve again in september- i would not pay to see o again:wink2::beer::beer:

4. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have to agree, le reve gets my vote, too. but have you considered mystere and/or mj one? i like mystere much more than both le reve and o. haven't watched mj one yet but most likely will go and watch it in october :thumbsup:.

5. sh0n

sh0n Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a doubt Le Reve

I watched Le Reve in August 2010 and O recently during June 2013

Reason for Le Reve:
    - Circular stage
    - Acrobats and stunts were more intense
    - Pretty good romance & dream story line behind

For O, I found the show overhyped and boring.

6. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to see O again because that was my 1st cirque show and I saw it back when it was new...around 1999. I liked it a lot but I think my memory has faded on that show. I saw Le Reve about 2 years ago and thought it was great.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve was more entertaining for me.
    I thought O was slow and boring.

8. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I would have done more research on O but at least i get to watch it free thanks to MyVegas.

Much needed Vacay
    Part 2
  9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everyone who has said La Reve over "O". La Reve is visually stunning and is one of my favorite shows in Vegas.

I was given free tickets to see "O" as part of a Bellagio offer back in May and I was beyond disappointed. I had wanted to see "O" for nine years, since I first started going to Vegas, and when I finally got to see it the only thing I could think of was that I was happy I did not pay for it.

"O" really is very slow moving and almost dull. I am happy I did see it but I would not see it again. Choose La Reve - it is a much better show.

10. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell asleep during O, maybe it's just me.

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell asleep at Zumanity and was thisclose to doing the same at O:peace: After that show, told my husband (and the friends who went to both with us) that was my final CDS show - the husband of the other couple agreed, so if we go to Vegas again, my husband and his wife can see all the CDS shows they want - he & I will be at the craps table:thumbsup:

(Broadway musicals are my thing, not acrobatics, though the engineering of the stage was cool - I don't spend $150 to see engineering - I can watch it for free on a tv show)

12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Broadway musicals are your thing, you might want to give a chance to one final CDS show - the new Michael Jackson "One". It is very theatrical, with more dancing than acrobatics and some very cool visuals. There are a lot of great choreographed dance numbers and it is a lot of fun. Some of the dance moves are jaw-dropping. I really enjoyed it, and I think you might too.

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take that under advisement, but.....

We probably won't be back to Vegas for a couple years - no immediate plans at least.

But I did buy season tickets for the Broadway shows at our local performing arts center for the upcoming 13-14 season. Very excited:thumbsup:

14. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is great, heve yet to se La Reve yet. will see that in Nov.

15. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm going to see La Reve and will let you know how it goes!

16. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^Good choice. Of the two, we liked Le Reve a lot more and would go back again in a heartbeat. :beer:

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering myVegas exists now and I could earn the tix by playing, I wished I picked Le Reve over O first! This thread is borderline trashing O in comparison, and my g/f and I thought it was definitely better than the other Cirque show I've seen (LOVE). :( Next trip (after this one coming up :D), I'll have to try to look for a deal on Le Reve it looks like.

18. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I agree with most responses...La Reve is better than O.

While La Reve is not Cirque show, there is definitely a split audience for Cirque shows. I am a big fan of traditional Cirque, like Allegria, Drallion, Varekai, etc, hence I really enjoy Mystere. Though, great to others, I find Ka and Zarkana to be boring. Oddly, I really like Love, and for overall Vegas Cirque shows, it is my favorite...and I am not even a Beatles fan! For water shows, La Reve for the win...although I miss one of the acts from when it first started.

19. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to start a thread about the same thing. It seems like La Reve is the way to go! Thats the one were going to do also. (sorry, not trying to hijack)

20. Western

Western King Spring Roll Unlimited Nonsense Abounds.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For myself "O" we have seen La Reve twice due to free tickets and it has improved. However "O" takes this round hands down.:thumbsup:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.