1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Co Cabana suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by crd, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crd

crd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone tried them, any good, do they have wifi, resort fee?

Thinking about LVA $42 a night deal with bogo, got to be a steal right?

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not stayed there yet, but the feedback seems to be favorable. The El Cortez has no resort fee for their property.

Jimbo338

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did two nights at Ballys last year, then their rate went up for the weekend, so we switched to the Cabana Suites. $56 for 2 nights. My brother laughed when I told him the price and he said "I bet it's a dump" then he and my sis in law see the place and he himself stayed there for a week last summer, he was so impressed with it. Theres a security guard right outside the locked front door, and a desk with a hotel employee inside. Parking garage next door, they charge on Fri and Sat nights to park, unless you show them your room key, then it is free. The beds are incredible.

4. crd

crd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies, my mind is made up $21 per night Cabana Suite it is.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will enjoy it, it is very nice.

6. skinny malinky

skinny malinky Low-Roller

The Cabana Suites have to be one of the best bargains in Vegas these days. You get a great room for the money. I've stayed in a super suite and will be back in one this coming weekend. Keep in mind that the deluxe rooms are supposed to be very small. The junior or super suite might be worth the small increase in price.

You'll get a very slick room in the most hipster part of Vegas. The super suite is a pretty large room with a fridge and a large bathroom. The lobby will have fruit and candy for the taking. There's a pretty decent exercise room. There's no extra charge for any of this, and no resort fee. I think wifi is extra, though. I didn't pay for it so I can't speak for its strength. You'll be close to several cool bars and restaurants. Some find the neighborhood to be sketchy, but I've never had a problem. And as mentioned above, they have a security guard posted 24/7 outside of the lobby door, plus you need a room key to get into the lobby, so the rooms feel very safe.

Everybody assumes the El Co is a dump; we're going out for our friends' wedding and when I told someone we were staying at the Cortez he razzed me a little about staying in a roach motel. I tried to explain that it's a great place but I don't think he got it. Which is fine; I'm happy if demand is low so the prices don't go up.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of the beds, you lay in them and you feel yourself sink in they are that soft.

Skinny- take that friend that razzed you out there like I did with my brother, he will be very surprised at how nice it is. We had a Jr and the bathroom was huge.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I read here somewhere recenty that they were not charging for wifi in the Cabana Suites? I could be be wrong but there was a lot of chat about free wifi downtown and I thought that was posted by someone.

Calling the El Cortez a "roach motel" Is typical of so many posts being subjective and often posted by people who never stay at places they bash. Even the Vintage Rooms are well maintained and clean. The Flame is an outstanding steakhouse, and their 24 Café is very good. The EC is a great deal downtown.

Jimbo338

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WiFi is free in the El Cortez Cabana Suites. No resort fee.

10. Molymilker

Molymilker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed there in the past and would not hesitate to stay there again. We stayed in a deluxe which was a little small but it was fresh and modern which made up for that. Never felt nervous getting from there to FSE. Also the El Cortez is where I hit my first Royal Flush on VP. Which makes it one of my favorite places to gamble.

Chris

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one suggestion, make sure you get upgraded to the larger suites. I stayed at the standard "deluxe" rooms on the first floor. While the bathroom was nice and roomy, the rest of the room was small. No desk to sit at, in fact other than a small 2 foot stool (no backrest) that fits under the table under the tv (also includes drawers) there really isn't any other chair to sit on other than the bed itself. The room is small IMHO and I will never stay in that type of room again.

I would rather stay in the EC vintage rooms over the standard deluxe cabana suite room so beware, while most cabana suite rooms are a good stay, there is one type of room that unacceptable IMHO. Just a warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.