1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

6/19 to 6/25 Off strip/on strip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by captainron62, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, I'm sure the complaint rate is one in a thousand. I have my GF there who hates confrontation and doesnt want me in a bad mood and just wants to pay and move on. Hell, even my buddy did the same thing. Cabbies know.

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report Ron, great detail and observations.

Sad to hear you had such bad experiences with the cabs. If only these cabbies realized they are doing more for car rental companies than the few extra bucks is worth.

Unreal about Angel. Is she still MIA? Not that your friend needs any more contact from her and is hopefully thinking good riddance but did she even wonder what happened to her luggage?

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks! BREAKING NEWS>>>

Angel is reported to be landing tomorrow at 3pm! ha! We think she picked up her luggage, my buddy asked the Bell Hop a couple days later if there was a leopard print suitcase back there and he said no.

4. Annie Vegas

Annie Vegas Low-Roller

Great report, thank you. I frequented Sunset when I stayed with friends near there a few years ago, and loved the place.

That Angel chick is a trip! Just curious, did the employee's first name start with 'T'? :ssst:

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron, I really enjoyed your TR and you two are a great looking couple:nworthy: We've thought many times of staying off-strip but so far we seem to still be enjoying our Wynncore experiences. Plus, my wife loves it there and it keeps her happy so you know how that goes:wink2:

That is a true Vegas story about your buddies GF, what a ditz....too funny and it sounds like it was the best thing in the world that could've happened to him, losing her right off the bat. I've evolved to the less drinking too....we usually start off with some wine and appetizers about 6pm and keep a mild buzz going into the evening drinking and gambling, have some more appetizers and wine about 10 and then gamble some more until bed but rarely get hammered anymore:drunk: I actually feel decent in the morning and remember shit now...:thumbsup:

Thanks again, sounds like you had a blast.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Starts with a "D", some mechanic that travels with them etc.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got to this today. Great TR as always! But I also would have liked to read the TR from "Angel's" perspective. :evillaugh

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report.:beer:
    It had a little bit of everything, big win, drama, conflict, betrayal. You can make this into a mini tv series. :thumbsup:

We walked by the NYNY dueling pianos before and it was packed.
    The music was louder than loud. Couldn't be good to have music that loud in such a small place.
    It was almost too loud to even understand the music.

9. Annie Vegas

Annie Vegas Low-Roller

This is a little confusing to me about the dueling piano bars. When I stayed at NYNY in 2002 we just walked in and sat and watched the show. Am I to understand that you now have to PAY to get in there? Is that why they offer something on MyVegas?

10. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report Ron! I am like you in that I dont mind confrontation when somebody is trying to screw me like those cabbies. So, typically I start off by telling them the way I want to go. Occasionally they argue but they can figure pretty quick those of us who know how to get around. I have challenged a few too go double or nothing on the fare if they thought they could beat me in a fist fight! No takers so far...

As for "Angel", how long had your buddy been dating her before she took off with probably the most morbidly obese crew on television? It doesnt sound like he had too much emotional equity in her. Were they dating or was she just some chick from the bar he bangs occasionally? Did you and your gf know her at all? You think she had already planned to ditch your buddy once she got to town? And the most important question...did your buddy hookup with some random after Angel left too bang the ugly dudes?

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to pay $15 per chair you wish to use in order to sit down. You may however just walk in the standing bar side and pay $8 a beer and $10 or more for a mixed drink to be badgered for tips by the piano player.

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The glorious union had only been off and on for a few months. We had met her twice, only for a lunch and while we recognized that she was about half crazy she was personable. The second time we met them for dinner and she passed out in the lobby of PF CHANGS with her heels kicked off and her purse and cell phone laying on the floor next to her. Classy. We knew it would be a train wreck! We know she planned to contact the guys, but not sure after that. She got back yesterday, I hope to hear throught the grapevine what went on, but we dont really know anyone that knows her.

No hookups for him, he said he was just about to buy some asian chic a drink at MIX when I told him we were leaving! He had 4 nights to make a move, but didnt have any luck.

13. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics & report. We have rented cars for the past 10 years in Vegas & now we wonder why we ever "cabbed" it. Congrats on a profitable trip!

14. thfc14

thfc14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not surprised at the those folks be complete aholes. I work in a establishment that they visit and they aren't good people.

15. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it seems you know vegas pretty well why not just rent a car i have been to vegas over 100 x and always have a car........gl

16. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome TR, congrats on the royal.

17. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm starting to think you either have to know the exact route you want and TELL the cabbie to go that way, or at minimum, quiz him before he gets started on how he is going to get there, and correct him if it's wrong. The trouble, of course, is that not all of us know the specifics of all the streets in Las Vegas.

I believe in Las Vegas, like most other big cities, the cabs have signs that say the passenger has the right to dictate the route the driver has to use. It shouldn't be necessary, but it sure seems like it does.

18. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always have a vehicle in Vegas, but some people like to drink while there and driving is not an option.

19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to have a cocktail or two, driving typically not an option.

20. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. Only thing I wish was different is you guys should of just tossed her bag in the trash. Or given it a bum in hopes she would see it walking by. My count down is getting close..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.