1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Dice Setting - BIO documentary on YouTube

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Jersey_Bill, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting documentary on some dice setting teams. Even with this I am not sure I believe guys can routinely throw 30 some passes before a 7....

http://youtu.be/Bhno_F9vZcw

JZB

2. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They started the "documentary" proclaiming he was feeling "heat" for his blackjack play in AC. They can shuffle, change table minimums / maximums and engage in other preventative measures but they can't ban you in AC.

The bottom line is no "advantage" player would be caught dead touting his skills for free on TV if they were truly an advantage player. They wouldn't want the publicity. I do understand the participation of those SELLING products related to advantage player, such as Scoblete and Wong, agreeing to participate.

I'll stick with Poker, Video Poker and Blackjack. I find John Patrick more entertaining.

[YOUTUBE]sMRlBIScEUg[/YOUTUBE]

4. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at, and listen to the "Dominator". You tell me he's not Scoblete's brother.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yowsa, Yowsa, Yowsa!

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched it on the History channel and it was interesting.
    Never encountered dealers like that at any given table. Wasn't sure if that was true or exaggerated.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never met Scoblete in real life but in the show they portray him as a loud mouth jerk. That seemed far fetched.

8. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, good ol' John Patrick. Learned a lot from this guy's tapes. Don't necessarily follow his advice (some is not too bad). I like the way he writes (I have some books) and I like the way he talks (his videos crack me up.) He is one of the many reasons I gamble. I caught his show on Financial News Network many, many years ago. Had to watch it whenever it was on. Fun times.

Thanks for sharing the link.

9. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The FNN is where/when I was introduced to him as well. At night, we would get our rotisserie baseball updates during their highlight show and Tom Donahue's "Time Out For (Sports) Trivia Show".

John is very entertaining and his premise a gambler needs for traits to be successful is true: Bankroll, Knowledge, Money Management, and Discipline. Whether one chooses to follow his strategies for unwinnable games (Craps, Roulette, Baccarat) is another story.

As far as the original link / OP documentary, it would have been more interesting to let the actual people discuss further vs. the cheesy reenactments. Then again, maybe the only way to sell their "dice control" story / strategy is to be vague and using entertainment.

I'd rather watch an actual documentary, like the Holy Rollers - the story of Christian card counters playing for charity.

10. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I met Frank, and have got to know him a bit. I think the man is brilliant. He is very nice, smart, funny, and Frank is a very talented writer. He is nothing like the loud mouth jerk in the Breaking Vegas episode.

Also worth mentioning- he is NOT a dice controller. Never was, never will be. His rolls are completely random.

11. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree. I've been shooting dice for close to 30 years, and never has there been a dealer who openly wished a player "doom", or argued with him during a roll.......good theatre, though.

12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't believe in dice control before I saw this. I believe even less in it now.

13. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I would like proof of someone actually shooting dice with these guys while they are raking it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.