1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Danny Gans

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by freddywill, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wish I got to see Danny Gans perform before he passed away 4 years ago. I'm sure a lot of you have seen his shows. At least I got to buy his dvd and watch some of his performances.

2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your post reminds me of GregRio who told me he had seen Danny over 50 times. My wife and I saw Danny twice and
    he was very entertaining.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  3. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Danny Gans was the first show I saw in Vegas. My wife bought tickets to see him and I remember thinking I'm here to gamble not to go to a show. It was a great show and now we make sure to see at least one show whenever we are there.
    Mark

4. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were actually in Las Vegas when he died, and had discussed seeing his show that night. Very weird to see his adverts all over cabs and stuff.

I was also in Vegas when Danny Wheldon was killed in the Indi car race. Not being a race fan, I wasn't impacted that way, but in both cases, those deaths was a major topic of conversation while gaming those days.

Bowling USBC Nationals
    And a night before a Qua Spa day.
  5. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife and I saw danny gans not long before he passed.

we were unsure about going but it turned out to be a great show.

I think he was supposed to be moving over to the wynn

I remember there was a tribute /memorial to him on the huge wynn sign on

our next trip.

6. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reading this, I wanted to share this with you all and make this my first post. My wife and I saw Danny Gans at least 5 times over all of the years that we have been going to Vegas. On our 11th anniversary we were given the best seats in the house. Shortly after beening seated, one of the ushers came over and handed me an envelope. In it was a autograph photo that says "To Kristine & Brian, Happy Anniversary #11!!! Danny Gans." When he came out on stage he Looked over at us and nodded as we said Thank You!! To this day it is hung up in our home office. During his shows if you were ever lucky enough to see him do his skit of Sammy Davis Jr. Mr. Bojangles, you were in for a treat, because he did not do this every show. We were lucky enough to see it twice, one being this night. "The Man could Dance."

7. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I got to see him from the front row just a year or two before he passed. This is still our favorite Vegas show. He has to be one of the most talented performers that ever lived. His Johnny Carson and Dean Martin bits are my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.