1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Penny slot question

Discussion in 'Slots' started by tizzy, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am usually a table player but in the last few trips have gotten hooked on various slots. I was wondering about the bonus rounds on penny slots, what is least amount you can bet and still get the bonus round or are all slots different? I understand that the pay out will not be as high as if I were betting max bet but the finances this time does not allow for betting "Max Bet" all day and night. I usually play Catch The Big One and the max bet is $3 but I was looking for a game to bet either less than $1 or a little over and still get the bonus round and extend my playing time on my limited budget. Thanks

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I look for the machine where i can play 9 lines, 1 per line. still gets the bonus rounds.

3. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most penny machines will hit a bonus regardless of the bet. I've played down my $100 to just a few cents. Not enough to play all the lines at 1 credit per line and hit a bonus...that really sucked.

If you go to the help/rules part of the screen all the rules and payouts for the machine will be there.

By not playing maxbet the only thing you'll usually not be eligible for is the big jackpots (think wizard of Oz, wheel of fortune, megabucks, etc)

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this for the first time this trip on some game about buffalo. It was $2 max bet, but I was losing so I started betting 80 cents and hit the bonus round for like $150. After that, I bet $2 again and hit the bonus round again...it was exactly the same, except I got paid a $2 multiplier instead of an 80 cent multiplier.

5. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Read the instructions and paytables. Some machines DO NOT give bonus play without a max bet. Read the bonus details on the top portion of the machine where paytable is.

6. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everybody!!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most penny machines will allow you to play bonus rounds without a max bet. There are a few exceptions, but I can't think of a popular non-progressive slot machine that won't let you play a bonus without a max bet. Usually they just scale down payouts for smaller wagers. I never play slots for more than 50c a pull personally.

For slot machines with progressives, you have to be a little more careful though because progressive payouts may not be paid without a max bet. As others have said, double check the rules screens if you are unsure.

Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  8. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am the penny slot queen. :nworthy: Most, if not all will let you hit a bonus with a minimum bet anymore. The win multiplies with each consecutive bet. ex. .80/1.60/2.40/3.20/4.00. At 80 cents the $20 win would be $40 at the next bet up...and so on. I tend to do the math and kick myself when I hit a great bonus at minimum bet. The progressive slots will not pay out the big hit without max bet, but on some machines they will give you a percentage of it on lower bets. Quick Hits are a good example of these. Bet where you are comfortable, and have fun. Like the other posters said, check the paytable screen to make sure first. Or ask the person next to you. I end up giving slot lessons to neighbors every trip. LOL

Yearly trip
    Part two
  9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I choose 9 lines in the middle of the pack (from 40, 60, 80 coins) when i first put $20 in for 2000 credits. When it gets to 4000 credits i usually bet max. When i get below 1000 credits i just play it out and go to another machine, unless of course i bring it back up to 2000, then i just continue on as much as i can for that $20 investment. On pennies, i'll cash out at 5000 if i'm bored, 10,000 would be a nice profit on pennies.
    When i go to Vegas next week i may go back, at least occasionally, to quarters. I'll find a 2 credit machine and see how that goes. Two quarters seem to last just as long, or maybe longer. Maybe even upgrading to dollars if i'm over 200 credits. With me, it all depends on my current bankroll per day.

10. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Many bonus rounds are triggered by 'scatters' (symbols don't have to line up on a line), so even if you aren't playing max LINES, let alone max COINS, you still will get to hit the bonus round just as often. Of course, the bonus dollars are multiplied by total dollars bet per spin, so if you're betting $0.09 per spin you're only going to win a tiny amount compared to what you'd get if you were betting $4.50 per spin.

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully you can answer this then.

I have seen a button that says things like '150 Credits & Bonus'. Unuslly it is a big oval shaped button on the farthest right of all the buttons.

I always fear trying that type of machine because I have no clue what my bet will be, is it 150 credits or am I playing 150 credits plus more to allow for the bonus?

12. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What machine was it? There are a few out there like that, but they are few and far between. Some machines, you have to bet all lines, but not necessarily max coins to get bonus. Zeus II is like this. It has a minimum of .40 a spin at max lines to get in on the bonus. If you do not play all lines you do not get the bonus.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  13. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what machines I have seen it on.

14. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On that type of machine, you are betting $1.50 plus a small bonus fee to get the bonus. (typically an extra quarter or so) This all depends on what machine it is so I can say without knowing that. Again, read the pay tables and it should tell you.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah rules screens are very detailed. But I thought I was about the only person on earth who read them. :evillaugh

Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  16. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to say the machine with the big 150 button may be a Ballys "Blazing 7's" real type and similar. Normally on these machine you have 3 bets to make .50, 1.00 and the 1.50. Anymore the manufacturers are putting these larger buttons on the machines to get people off the minimum bet pattern.

p

17. conor9935

conor9935 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some of the older machines make it easy with a Max Bet button. Each machine is different but some require max bet to get the bonus or jackpot.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.