1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas myvegas changed my upcoming vacation plan

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by josassoc, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found Myvegas at the beginning of the year and it entirely changed how I've been planning our upcoming vacation. I admit my obsessive nature has taken over -- so keep the snarly comments to yourself if you've got em!! We are not much of gamblers, so rarely do we get any comps. So, I have spent the better part of my trip planning time trying to figure out good ways to enjoy the best of Vegas without coming "out of pocket" while we are there (I hate worrying about $$ on vacation). I've also trolled through Groupon, Rue La La, Living Social & Travelzoo for their best deals in the past few months. So, as we are about to leave & here are a few highlights:

Green Valley Ranch rooms @ $59/night (TZ)
    Mandalay Bay Grand Suite -- 2 free nights (MV)
    Free shows -- Boyz II Men, Zarkana (free via MV) & Peepshow (1/2 price, TZ)
    Bottle service -- Body English (Gr) & The Act (RLL) -- both heavily discounted
    Cabana -- Paris Pool Villa (Gr) -- heavily discounted w/$50 drink credit
    Massages -- Golden Nugget (TZ) & Canyon Ranch (RLL)
    Meals -- 4 course dinner $99 at Andre's (TZ), $75 F&B credit at NYNY & $50 off Nine Fine Irishment Dinner (MV), Paris Buffet Lunch (Gr), Blondies Lunch (Gr), Bellagio Buffets(4) (MV), Wolgang Pucks (MV), Mix Restaurant $50 GC (eBay) & Aria Patissery (MV).
    Drinks -- Free Cognac Service, Free Absinthe Service (MV), Minus 5 Bar (Gr), Rhumbar (Gr) and a litany of drinks & jello shots at PH/Miracle Mile Shops (Gr).
    As well, we have a load of Restaurant.com vouchers purchased (current LS deal of $250/off for $50 on LS) -- for Stripburger, Tacos & Tequila, Slice, Triple George and Simon's.

I'm gonna gamble my heart out and this trip...cause I'm paying for almost nothing else while we are there. Maybe this time I'll gamble enough to get decent comps for the next trip. Blowing out the deals, because this is never happening again! Look out Vegas!!!:thumbsup:

2. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought myvegas has a new rule that you can only redeem 3 rewards every 30 days? So if you are going with your significant other that would mean you could do 3 rewards each, or 6 rewards total on your trip...

3. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New rule applies to newer players...

My husband and I have both been playing since January. We both bought chip packages and were designated VIP's early on. So, he can redeem 10 rewards and I am unlimited (for now...that's gonna change soon I bet.) So, we went "whole hog" and played Myvegas fervently before they tightened up everything. Honestly, I say this is the last time, because Myvegas is not as generous a program as it was when we both started playing. So, I think this effort is gonna be "one and done."

4. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to figure out this Rue La La thing. Is there a separate section for Vegas or how did you come about the bottle service deal for Act? Where should I be looking?

5. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you, that is the way to do it. Heck, if it they are offering, why not.

I have accumulated some points for food as I have comped rooms/food/Free Play etc...I'm going to Vegas with my Buddy (a Vegas Virgin) and wanted more comped food for the both of us.

Good luck and bring home some $$$$$$

Cheers

6. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RueLala is a website

I happened upon it from a post from someone on Tripadvisor. Frankly, it mainly has high end merchandise and stuff I have no interest in. However, if you sign up for their emails, every once in a while they have discounts to Canyon Ranch Spa at the Palazzo. I was waiting for that specifically when a set of six different Palazzo discounts came up, Canyon Ranch being one of them. In it had discount rooms and nightclub packages. The Act deal was $525 for a table for six, with two bottles, INCLUDING ALL TAXES AND TIPS. Usually, that usually would add up to over double that cost. Not cheap. But, I've been wanting to go there and have heard its not nearly as much fun without a table, as the club was designed with very little dance floor. I checked on the value of The Act package by first texting one of their hosts, who just sent me a pricing menu and essentially offered nothing else. Reservations with the RueLala voucher were easy and I'm looking forward to going next week.

7. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Sounds like a good deal. I'm going for my cousins 21 run in July and thought this might be a good deal for when she is officially 21 at midnight. Saving Marquee/Light for the weekend. Let us know how it goes!

8. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JOSASSOC... YOU might have just made my DAY!!!! I've been playing myVegas since almost inception late July 2012. I have over 320K in loyalty points , & my wife started playing in January of 2013 & has 240K in loyalty points. HOW do I figure out how many rewards we can use on one trip? Is it the 10 rewards, unlimited, or 3 rewards? Does it say it somewhere?

Thanks.

9. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try this

Pretend like you are purchasing a reward...pick one of the rewards is still available for purchase. Click to the next page. Then, look at that page. It wil say how many rewards you are eligible for. My husband's says "Redemptions limited to 10 rewards from MGM Resorts International...within a 30 day rolling period." So, he can redeem 10 rewards in 30. Now, he purchased chips earlier this year, which made him eligible for that. So, if you are a player who has never purchased chips, yours might still be 3 rewards in 30. One way to add to that is to purchase a $5 chip package now, and you should move up to 4 rewards in 30 period (I believe) immediately.

10. B-Town

B-Town Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas also changed my plans for my upcoming trip. My buddy and I have been playing since the end of January and have accumulated some nice rewards. We typically eat one nice steak dinner per trip, but I have $150 credit at the the Circus Circus Steakhouse, and he has $150 credit at Luxor Steakhouse (Tender) and Excalibur (Camelot). He also has $75 at the Sporting House, while I have $75 at the Bar at Times Square. We both have 2 Bellagio buffets as well. We will eat well, and have more money for gambling and other activities. I can't wait!

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome! Gotta love a bargin. Ain't free if you are buying chips though!

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought this because I read this thread. They say the current offer ends tonight. Thanks!

Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  13. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't claim it was free...just really cheap!!

I've got about $1,300 worth of Myvegas comps collected...and spent less that 1/4 of that in LP's I can live with that. I actually enjoy playing the Birds Game -- kinda destresses my day. I'd probably have bought chips to continue to play over the last few months, even if I hadn't gotten the comps. But, I have to admit, I'm kinda done with it now. Summer is coming and my trip is planned. Moving on after this...it was fun!!

And, in retrospect, the fact that I sucked at the game at first and bought chips allowed me (and my husband) to redeem a lot more rewards. So, again, it worked out for us.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  14. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're planning to redeem about $1400 in rewards in October, and have spent maybe $10 to buy chips! And the game has also totally changed our trip planning too. We normally look for mid-level rooms at a good price, which is what our budget allows. But because we were able to both get the 2-night Mirage Suite reward, we decided to splurge and got a Cosmo Terrace Fountain View for our weekend nights. So we're spending just as much as we always do, but we're definitely upgrading our trip thanks to MyVegas!

15. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imdrkepoe (sp?)...That's cool.

That's what we are doing too. I also like the Myvegas has some interesting ideas as reward options, that I would never have even known about. Absinthe service, Petrosian High Tea & Caviar/Vodka Tasting,Minus 5. I like trying new things when we go to Vegas. This lets me sample more expensive items -- that I normally wouldn't probably pay for -- and experience Vegas in a different way.

16. blizzard96

blizzard96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I changed my mirage comp to the aria to be closer to more of the myvegas rewards i have collected so yes the game has changed my plans for my june trip.To buy some of the chip packages can be very worthwhile when they have double points some weekends and lets you redeem more rewards. great game in my opinion,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.