1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello, I am new on here but have questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by pkeller, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkeller

pkeller Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are coming back down to Vegas for the 3d May in a row and will be landing just before noon on Sunday May 12th for 5 nights at the Tropicana. I was wondering is it possible and how could I ask for an upgrade? also best places for cheap liquor stores on or within walking distance to the Strip.. Thanking Everyone for their help... Soo Excited

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on the liquor store... their is one a few hundred yards east of hotel on Tropicana (other side of Hooters).

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the upgrade, search for posts about the "$20 trick".
    There are too many liquor stores to list.
    If taking a cab from the airport you will probably pass a half dozen or so. Just have the cabbie pull into one that is on the way.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome. Yes, try the 20 dollar trick. Google will show you the technique with the sandwich. No guarantees but if it works, bonus! I always try to bring a bottle from home. Pack it nice and tightly, wrapped in several t-shirts. Always a relief when I open the suitcase and its still in one piece! But it's nice to have it all ready in the room and not having to worry about finding liquor. If you're off-strip at all, there's tons of places, like any grocery store. If you're staying on strip, your choices are limited, at least for the cheap part of the equation.

5. pkeller

pkeller Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the help!!! getting excited indeed!

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at the Tropicana with my daughter, I just asked if any upgrades were available, she checked, and bumped us up. If the half million people who check the $20 trick thread are any indicator, people prefer to ask with a 20 instead of a smile. Good luck!

Jimbo338

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. pkeller

pkeller Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the tip, I really dont think I could actually do the $20 thing as I would be too embarrassed. I appreciate your comments

9. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right across the strip from the Tropicana is the Excalibur. They have a 24/7 liquor store in there I have found to be pretty cheap, especially if you sign up for an MLife card first, which will get you a 10% discount.

10. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah they have plenty of liquorstores around on the strip
    and yeah on the strip its always a bit pricier (but hey your on holiday )
    i always go to wallgreens as they have evrything there but yeah its a bit more expensive indeed ( but the 1,5 spiced rum at 17 dollar is not that expensive haha)
    the best thing is if you have a host, he or she can really do something for you if needed and yeah i never did the 20 dollar trick as i never needed this (and as you i find that a bit embarrassing too im always nice and have a big smile and am friendly to the person who helps and that also can get you a lil bit further, last time when i stayed at ph i asked for a lil refrigiator as i had no suite and no problem within 30 minutes a small fridge was installed)

11. pkeller

pkeller Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! I wish Vegas was like Amsterdam, as open to different peoples vices..

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.