1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VIP Check In @ Golden Nugget

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by mommyneedsavaca, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommyneedsavaca

mommyneedsavaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would appreciate any insight. I have been told it is a wise idea to buy the VIP Check In at the Golden Nugget. After many google searches & only coming up with old post on other forums. I thought I would ask here.

I haven't traveled since leaving the airline industry.(over 6 years ago) This feels like a scam to me. However, not waiting in a line would be nice.....After many years of airline discounts & special TSA lines, I am heading into the real world for the first time.

Thoughts??

2. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO

Worth it. You dont have to deal w/ the infamous wait at the GN c/i.

Done it 3X and once without. Never without again!

3. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked a Carson tower or Gold tower room consider upgrading to the Rush tower directly at the Rush tower check in. Shorter line and better room.

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked my room through Expedia, but want to upgrade to Rush at checkin, and I also have a Landrys card.

Would I be best going to the Rush Tower with my documents from Expedia, or going to the regular checkin, and handing over my Landrys card?

5. Sallymander

Sallymander Freedom 55

Trips to Las Vegas:

6. mommyneedsavaca

mommyneedsavaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Landry's Card (my daughter is a Rain Forest Cafe Fan) but I messed up & did not book direct through GN. Used Expedia. I did not do my homework. Booked trip on a whim with an Expedia Credit Card, got $$ back but would have been better off booking direct. So upgrades hard to come by, so I am told, when you book 3rd party. We will definitely try using Landry's card for upgrade but it seems highly unlikely.

However, it is husbands bday month, so at least we will have Landry's Bday Bonus to use at one of the restaurants. :thumbsup:

It is my understanding that the $25 is a one time charge. You get VIP Check In, use of lounge, Line Passes for your entire stay. Noone seems to know what the lounge is or what it has. I don't know, seems like just another fee. But yet, maybe not?

7. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in one of GN's Gold Club rooms that entitles you to use the VIP checkin.

When I was in there I was the only customer and there were 2 staff, so no queueing.

The lounge has sofas in it and is a pleasant enough space but not sure why you'd want to spend time in there.

8. BethGarden

BethGarden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things have changed with the Landry's card in the past year you do not qualify for any upgrades if you book your room on one of their offers. We were told you need to book directly with the hotel at regular rates in order to qualify for VIP check in and a possibility of an upgrade. You also need to use your whole $25 credit at one time as we used it for pizzas at the Happy Hour and lost the remaining amount.

9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed in the Rush Tower last year I paid the $25 VIP check in fee so that I could get the VIP Line Passes, and I wasn't really worried about using any lounge :)

10. mommyneedsavaca

mommyneedsavaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not worried about using the lounge. I am more wondering what/why it is. The main reason I am even considering the VIP pass is Check In & the Line pass. Which may or not be worth it. IDK..... I was just curious if anyone had paid & if they felt it had $25 worth of benefit. At no time did I plan on hanging out in some weird lounge.... :)

Oh, and I was told on another forum that it is a must. But then poster never responded as to why it is a must.

11. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The VIP lounge, as was stated earlier, is just where the VIP and Landry's Select members get to check in, to avoid long lines at general check in. It is a lounge as one can "lounge" on the couches there. They also have mini-snacks like the proverbial M&Ms. It's small, quiet and out of the way. No reason to hang out in there.

Absolutely use those $25 birthday dollars. My wife and I use our bonus money at Vic & Anthony's for our anniversary.

Be careful. I see you say your husband's birthday month. I am sure you are up on things, as your daughter is a RFC fan, but the card, I believe, would have to be in his name. I would guess you each have your own.

12. mommyneedsavaca

mommyneedsavaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, we both have one. :) Daughters Bday is in Dec & so is mine. So it comes in handy. HUGE RFC FAN. Thank goodness the place is about an hour drive from us, so she knows it is a special treat.

Thanks for the response.

13. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too was wondering if it was worth it to pay the $25 for the VIP check-in. We are coming in on a Friday night and I thought the regular check-in lines would be really long. We ultimately decided to not pay the $25 and to use that money for drinks if we have to wait in line!
    I also have a landrys card but booked under a special rate and the regular rate to book with the landrys card is about $100 more than what I'm paying. I'll use that money for gambling!

14. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just how bad is the check-in at GN? I will be arriving a little before noon on a busy Friday. Thanks!

15. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check In Wait

We've stayed at the GN several times, and paid to use the VIP check in once. It was nice, since you have a private room and at least two attendants working the desk. However, the regular line wasn't very long at the time (it was a weekday afternoon, not a Friday), so we haven't done it since. Last time we stayed, in November, we were the only people checking in at the regular desk mid-afternoon on a Tuesday.

I've seen fairly long check-in lines at various times at the GN, but nothing like lines at some of the strip properties (check in on the strip once took us almost an hour on the strip). I think those of us who stay downtown are spoiled by generally short waits for most things.

16. JAMES WILSON

JAMES WILSON Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    golden nugget vip

:cheers:yea im going memorial day weekend i paid for it because of holiday and ive never stayed at golden nugget i just dont like long lines as i an partily handicap but we will see whats its all about

17. Tuppe

Tuppe Guest

Hi,

Does anyone know if Landry's would post a card to the UK, as we're intending to stay at the Nugget in September?
    I've emailed them a few times to ask but not had a reply.

Many thanks

18. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They posted to the uk without any issues when I got my card in march. Took around 2 weeks to arrive.

19. Tuppe

Tuppe Guest

Thank you very much. :beer:

20. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to hand over your card when you eat at the restaurants in the GN, and you can build up points to be used as discounts on meals :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.