1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mini Photoshoot?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by pink_paradise, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be celebrating my 21st birthday in Vegas in July. I am thinking about getting make-up done at MAC, and then was hoping to get a few pictures taken to document the milestone birthday. Does anyone know of anywhere on the Strip that offers this? Will be at Fashion Show Mall at Forum Shops on the big day so somewhere in one of those two venues would be great. Will not have a car. Not looking for anything fancy, just somewhere where I can get a few photos taken, and then either get them printed there or pick them up a few days later. Does anywhere in one of the malls have a small photo studio? Anyone have any experience with this, or how much it would cost?

Thanks!

2. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-House Resort Options

I'm not sure about independent studios in the area, but I do know that most of the resorts are geared up to do professional photography (mainly for weddings I suppose but I expect they'd set up just about anything). The cost may be on the high side, but it might be worth looking into.

Here's Bellagio's Photography Services Page:
    http://www.bellagio.com/amenities/photography.aspx

Most of the big resorts should have this sort of thing.

If the resort-based offerings are too high, I'd suggest looking into local portrait studios that offer senior portraits (since a lot of those are done outside their most-likely-offstrip studios) -- though your occasion is a bit different, the actual work would be very similar to shooting a senior portrait. Those places shouldn't be too expensive, and should be able to meet you for an outdoor mini-shoot on the strip for a final product that includes LV in the image, rather than an indoor portrait-studio style shot that could have been shot anywhere.

3. btaller

btaller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to shoots models and portraiture photography. I think you would be surprised how much these services can run, especially for quality work.

If you are looking for a professional photographer who will not only not only take the shots but also spend time accentuating the photos in photoshop then expect about $300-$500 for a few hours (which may include several wardrobe changes). This will vary widely based on the deliverables (how many photos, size of the prints or a photo CD).

Most hotels will either have their own photographers (for weddings, conventions and other events) or will sub contract the work out (and they can provide you a list of names).

Another option is to go to the Eiffel Tower and get a few photos done on the bridge before going up. You can take several different poses if there isn't much of a line. Bonus is that it's free if you don't like them, plus you get them right away. They use a good camera but the shots will not be processed nor will the photographer provide the same direction as in a photoshoot.

I think there are a few other similar spots (like at the Stratosphere and at the LV sign).

You could also go to a small wedding chapel on the north strip and see if you can get a deal on a photoshoot since they are already set up for wedding shots. But the quality and price will very widely as well.

Edit: You may want to look into this: http://shotbyadam.com/services/ . He does a Vegas-Themed Photo Shoots which sounds like something that may interest you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.