1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dress Up For Dinner

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious if most people dress up for dinner when you are in Vegas. We always go out to a nice place each night and I will wear nice clothes, dress pants shirt and jacket. I usually don't wear a tie...but we do kind of make an "event" out of the evening and dress up. What do you do?

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will wear a Sportcoat with jeans, or slacks with a nice shirt. I use to dress up more, lately I have been trending more towards jeans with a nice button up shirt

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm as casual as they come, but I admire the folks who dress... I'm just not very comfortable in those clothes.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wear a dress shirt, sometimes dress slacks and shoes where need be. Dont wear a jacket or sports coat in any "vacation" town . If that excludes me from certain places then so be it.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeans and a sport coat is my usual for dinner. Sometimes I’ll throw on a tie…sometimes I’ll ditch the jacket. Pretty much depends on my mood and the restaurant.

6. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I like to dress up a bit for dinner, usually a dress or nice skirt and top and nicer shoes, similiar to something I would wear for dinner out at home.

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We dress up for fine dining (dinner, mostly).

Otherwise, it's whatever we feel comfortable wearing.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am most comfortable dressed up for dinner, and in LV I believe it positively influences how I am treated since so many are dressed casually.

9. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bf and I, at least I do, try to dress up because I'm in Vegas. I'm a frumpy dresser at home. I'm usually in sweats, gym shorts and big t-shirts. I hardly ever dress up and if I do, it's jeans and a tank top that's nice and put together.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

No tie, I think I only own one tie.
    I usually wear a nice pair of jeans (no holes, dark), decent shoes (nothing fancy) and a nice ironed button down shirt.
    I dress nice, but not fancy, pretty much business casual. Going to go with a sport coat this trip for dinner and show.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I remember getting really dressed up in Las Vegas was back maybe 12 years ago where a group of us did a very nice dinner, then the Folies show at Tropicana, then rented a limo, filled it with enough adult beverages to pollute the East River, and told the driver to just "do the Strip!" One of the best times I ever remember in Las Vegas.

Every time this topic comes up I do think of how times have changed and how our customs have changed. Back in the 1970s, although casual in the daytime, evening was definitely dress-up time in Las Vegas. It was a dress or nicer coordinates for ladies, jacket and tie for men, few exceptions. A show was always a dress-up affair!

Nowadays it's "shirt and shoes" as the dress code du jour!

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To dmr: I love that line about the East River. Kinda like what some of us who lived in New Haven said about the water near Lighthouse Park. THAT water was so hard ( and there was soooooooooo much "stuff" in it), you could be like our LORD and WALK ACROSS IT!!!:nworthy:

13. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At night I usually put on a nice button up with jeans and some nice dress shoes. Same attire I wear to just about any restaurant and any club.

During the day it's usually tennis shoes, jeans, and a polo. (Usually a polo that has Texas Tech University on it....GUNS UP!).

14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wear a jacket every night and a tie most nights. i'll dress it down with jeans when the place is more casual and will do slacks when hitting a place like JR or Le Cirque. I enjoy getting dressed, so I take every opportunity to wear what I can.

15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is pretty much what I do, although the tie is less frequent. I wear nice jeans, a dress shirt, and a sport coat for dinner and/or gambling, and I'll go up a bit for Picasso -- usually a dark suit and tie with a pocket square, since I don't really get to get dressed up too often and like having the occasion. Plus, as was mentioned earlier, I feel like I get better treatment at the nicer places when I do that (although that might just be in my head).

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or refer to NYC water as "Chunky Style!" :)

17. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My idea of dress up is to make sure there are no stains on my $95 T shirt - underwear - well that is fair game

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Ditto. Hedge fund chic as its known in the biz.

19. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played dress up a couple of times but now days it's all about comfort.
    Especially in the summer months. Plus I'm not a fine dining type person.
    So for me it's nothing but loose clothing and a good pair of walking shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.