1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palazzo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by beaumontbhoy, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have booked a king suite for 9nights? No comp just me paying. Prob only gamble bout $500 over trip. Any tips bout hotel or general tips. Been to Vegas once before

2. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have dinner at Lavo. Fantastic Italian food.

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never gamble much in Vegas myself, well beyond a few drunken roulette spins :evillaugh

The Palazzo is my favourite strip resort though and I have stayed there every trip for the last 4 years.

I spend the majority of my money eating and drinking, so this place is perfect for that.

Cut and Sushi Samba are two of my favourite restaurants, I normally eat at both a couple times each trip!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hotel. Lots of great indoor places between Venetian and Palazzo to walk around. Try different food.

Keep in mind almost all of the suites there are actually large rooms - nice, but not real suites.

With 9 nights, I would consider a second place, just for variety.

5. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sign up for the Grazie club. Charge everything to your room. You'll get more points for doing the room charge vs. paying direct by credit card. Use it any time you're at a machine.

If you are looking for a low-hassle property to switch to, Wynn is close enough to easily walk to from Palazzo with your luggage (just a quick bridge cross). Encore isn't too much further, maybe a bigger pain with luggage.

Make sure to get the property map and carry it with you as you explore for the first few days. I got lost in the Shoppes area once. Don't recall how. Alcohol may have been involved.

If you're only gambling $500 in 9 days, what other things are you interested in doing while in Vegas? $50/day does NOT last long at Palazzo/Venetian.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 of bankroll is going to get very little if any comps. Do not expect anything for that.

7. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't expect comps and I know I'm not a huge gambler . We plan to catch shows, shop and relax. I will probably only gamble 3 or 4 times.

8. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are 2 great coffee shops there. Espressamente Illy and Cafe Presse.

i've personally been to valentinos, grimaldis (great pizza, good price for the strip), and (Emeril) Lagasse's Stadium.

i really bet anything would be good.

bella panini is good with the bogo coupon.

http://vegas4locals.com/coupon5thavenue.html

9. RC Fan

RC Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Palazzo, Caesar's(Augustus Tower), and Bellagio in January. We by far preferred Palazzo. Grand Lux is great--check out the happy hour in the bar. We also liked Grimaldi's and Zine.

Have a great trip!

10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm exactly the same, I go for a few weeks to enjoy playing some poker and eating at nice restaurants with friends who fly from all over the UK to vegas for the WSOP too.

I'm about as low on the comps radar as you can go I think, but if there were comps for drinking I'd be getting suites for nada :evillaugh

11. bigal3967

bigal3967 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there last summer and had a blast. Great areas to just walk and observe. Also enjoyed the gambling. Not too crowded. Drink service was slow but probably is everywhere

BigAl

12. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind heights, ask for a high-floor room overlooking the Strip. (50th floor or above.) You'll see everything.

As mentioned, hard to get a bad meal at the Grand Lux there.

The Fashion Show mall across the street has lots of stores and, for quick eats, a food court. The Forum shops at Caesar's is an easy walk as well.

13. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something else to keep in mind about Grand Lux is that their portion sizes are very American (huge).

You might as well still sign up for the card. You will get credit gambling or for charging stuff to your room.

14. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going for 9 nights in palazzo arriving 3pm on a sat. Is it worth trying $20 trick and what would I possibly get. Is staying 9 nights good or bad for upgrades

15. mdmilburne

mdmilburne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just finished booking my suite at the Palazzo. Took some time but got a great deal at sears vacations, who would have thought. 6 nights in late April for 770.00 going through sears. When I started looking I wouldn't have thought about the Palazzo due to cost. Now I will try the $20 dollar sandwich for a upgrade, hope it works.

16. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9 nights at the same property might get boring. Vegas is a lot of fun, but the marginal value of fun diminishes very rapidly. Hence, some change helps.

Last time, I stayed at Caesar's for 6 nights and although it was an Octavius tower room (despite paying for Roman), I was a little bored towards the end.

I recommend splitting to two properties, if one is Palazzo, then the other one might be MGM Grand (in order to explore the southern side of the strip).

17. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may sound stupid at first, but charge everything to room if you can. It takes 20K points to make gold and you get 5X points per $1 charged to room. After 9 days you may be surprised to how many points you get. If you make gold, you get 20x points per dollar. Good luck!

18. mpb777

mpb777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bowl of gumbo at Table 10 for lunch. I love sitting at the bar and reading paper/iPad while recovering from night before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.