1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CSI the experience and Goretorium?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by big1ed, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

Hello,
    Has anyone seen the above " shows" lately? I want to get an opinion as whether or not CSI is worth the 30 bucks ( my kids already have tix to the Goretorium ). They are in the same neighborhood ( MGM Grand area ). Thanks.

2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the CSI Experience and have no interest in the Goretoreum.

CSI was a little misleading; my wife and I thought we'd be CSIs, but after the initial "scene" (there are three in which to choose) were you were supposed to note anything and everything that you saw, each successive "area" (trace, DNA, etc) had some displays that were interesting, but once you started on the computer in that area, it guided you to the correct result... in other words, you couldn't not get it correct.

Here is a promo for both CSI and the Goretoruim (as well as numerous other promos). My wife and I used a promo a couple of years ago and we both decided that it was worth the money we paid, but not full price.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CSI blew. It was interesting to do once, but I wouldn't do it again.

Some of the conclusions that they made seemed to be a leap of faith... in other words... with the information you had, it's difficult to draw that conclusion on your own.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a huge fan of the television series, but the CSI Experience was not worth anything close to the discounted $15 per person I paid. I was very excited to visit this attraction from the day it was announced. I would go into MGM on every visit, asking if it was open yet. Well you know that old saying, be careful what you ask for?

There are three "crime scenes" to choose from. You pick one and write down clues. This being an interactive exhibit, there are usually other people trying to write down clues too, so it is sometimes hard to get close enough to see the clues you need to write down. Then you have to visit a number of different stations where you have to do things to figure out the crime and who did it. You sometimes have to wait to perform these tasks too, depending on how many people are visiting the attraction at the time.

It is not nearly as exciting as it sounds -it was actually quite boring. The friend of mine who went with me, not a CSI fan, was ready to make me Crime Scene #4. Not recommended.

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might I ask how old your kids are? I've been to this attraction (going back next month) and it is definitely not intended for children or young teens. Not even close.

6. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I did the CSI experience because we got texted a 2 for 1 deal and were trying to kill a few hours at MGM anyway before our room would be ready.

She is a HUGE CSI buff, I think the show is stupid and unrealistic ("I'll build a GUI in Visual Basic, see if I can track an IP address"... bleh). She really liked it, and I enjoyed it enough for the price we paid although I don't think either of us would want to go back to see the other two scenes.

If you can get tickets cheap or have been to Vegas a lot, it might be worth it - otherwise I'd rather take the time and stroll the Strip!

7. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

my kids

21 yo twin daughters......I think they will always be my " kids"......Judging from these reviews, I would rather give em the money to gamble with...IMHO...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.