1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

EasyClickTravel.com

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Jimbo338, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went to Kayak.com looking for 5 days downtown and was quoted a hell of a deal on a Tower Room at El Cortez! It was like $70 cheaper than the closest broker or EC reservations. Problem is I have used many brokers and hotel reservations and I have never heard of them. I went to their website and clicked on "Home" and there is nothing there about the company. Has anyone booked through them? Any experiences with them. I want to book the trip but don't like booking with someone that I have never heard of before, or, at least have some feedback on. Thanks for any info that you may have.

Jimbo338

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I googled them and found some glowing testimonials and then continued and found some very uncomplimentary testimonials. Wow. I'd still appreciate anyone recent experiences with them. I was going to book my flight and room today before they fill but am unsure now.

Jimbo338

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't booked with them, but I have known about them for some time.

It's difficult to figure out if a company is good based on reviews because they always seem so mixed. I try to just read between the lines and trust my gut.

4. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easyclicktravel and Atlas choice

I booked El Cortez and my flights through easyclicktravel.com. I then called EC and the airlines directly....all reservations were confirmed. This was just a few days ago. Now I'm looking in to a rental car through Atlas choice....anyone have experience with them?

5. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    please see my post about easyclick

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried using them once. My bank would not honor their transaction as they found them "suspicious". I tried to phone Easyclick.com to straighten it out buy by then the rate had increased so I just went through SWA for a package. This was in 2009 or 2010.

I too found enough bad reviews that it spooked me off from considering them again.

7. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a reservation with Easy Click for three nights in May at the El Cortez. I just confirmed the reservation with the hotel, everything is exactly as I booked. I was billed for the expected amount as well, no issues from my CC company.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am still interested in following up with those who used them recently but I guess it is a moot point for me. While I was researching and asking for feedback, Southwest doubled the flight price as the plane filled up, I assume, so unless there is some sort of a sale, it' s a classic case of.......if ya snooze, you lose!

Jimbo338

9. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep looking, Jimbo. Flight prices have been all over the place. I've already rebooked my next trip twice.

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received an email from SWA, $59 nationwide sale, link is posted below.

As for Easyclick, I used them once and it worked out fine. I think they buy rooms in bulk and resell. Just make sure your listing is not shown "upon request" as this means ECT has sold off its inventory. In this case, they call the hotel and you won't know for about two or three days if ECT can honor the rate.

http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/nationwide-sale.html?int=HOMEHEROMEDBAC130305

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked but the $59 SPECIALS don't apply. My dated coincide with school vacations here in april and the flights I found were the only affordable ones left that fit into the limits of my credit. I have to use the credit by July. I do check several times a day knowing how things are so it may happen. If not, I guess a trip to see my brother may be the alternative.

Jimbo338

12. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Easyclicktravel many many times, and never had an issue. I just returned from Palm Springs where I had booked a room through them, and everything was fine. They use a company called Tourico. Sometimes they have great prices on independent hotels.

13. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used them two or three times with no problems. For my most recent trip I had to call them to amend my reservation. A friendly woman who spoke fluent English answered the call after two or three rings and had the reservation updated and my credit card billed for the difference within about 60 seconds. Call the property a week or so after making your reservation to verify that everything is arranged as requested. If so, you'll have no problems. If not, you have plenty of time to straighten it out. Their prices are often half what the hotel or any other reseller quotes. I don't know how they do it, but I'm not complaining.

14. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One problem with the $59 rates at SWA is that it only applies to nonstop trips.NH to LV now offers no non stop service nor does Logan in Boston. My trip may still be doable if I leave my can at the bus station, bus to Logan fly to LV and back. Not great flights but worth considering. EasyClick Travel offere a tower room at El Cortez for $103 for 5 nights...unbelievable.

Today I considered taking a cheap flight to lv, flying to my brother's in Phoenix and home from there and it almost works. I'm still at it.....oops, time to check flight prices again.
    '
    Jimbo338

15. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tried to book a short visit to use my flight credit with SWA and everytime I find a reasonable priced flight close to my credit, I think about it and I decide to book it the price goes up. Finally yesterday I tried the first weekend in May. I decided to leave my car at the airport friday and return on tuesday and found flights that maximize time there,arriving at noon friday and leaving LV at 2, to return home just after 11pm. I went to book the flights separately as I usually do and kept getting error messages and to call a SWA Customer Ser. Rep. I decided to try just making it a roundtrip and entered the information again, and my son called to say he was locked out of his car, so I left to unlock it with my spare key. When I returned I reentered the information to book the flight and got an error message. I checked the flights and the price had gone up $50! I guess I was trying to book just as they were changing the prices. I checked my email account and low and behold, it went through and I got a confirmation at the lower price!

I had googled Easyclicktravel.com and found that the negative reviews were mostly several years old and it seemed when they first started out. More recent experiences as those written here seemed positive. I did call CS with a question and they were very pleasant. So I booked 3 nights at El Cortez, friday, sat and sunday for $78.63 with tax. There was a 2.00 fee which I cannot figure out, must be a booking fee. Unlike Booking.com they charge you for the entire stay upfront, and cancellation fee up to 3 nights before arrival is one night's stay. I don't have a credit card so this is handy for me using my debit card; now I just need to confirm the reservation with EC in a few days and ask about security deposit.

Now I want to try a few new places to dine and see Carrot Top and perhaps another show. It's good to finally be rebooked. Next trip......february 2014. The planning starts.....NOW!

Jimbo338

16. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think the El Cortez authorizes $100 at check-in.

I just booked three nights there for the same price. I called their customer service and asked about the cancellation, they told me you get 100% back if you cxl 4 days or more out, 2 or 3 days out they keep one night, 24 hours or less lose the whole thing.

Also called the EC a few days ago, asked about this company, reservation gal said they were relatively new with them, but are legit and if i could get a great rate i should go for it...so i did! :D

17. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, Split10's:
    That is reassuring and I was hoping that it would be $100 or so, that 's what the Gold Spike required. I have stayed at the EC before so I guess they could check to see I didn't trash the place!That was great of the reservation person to reassure you about Easyclicktravel.I thoughtof asking them myself. A few years ago I had 8 days reserved and had to cancel. Then I was able to make the trip and when I called the weekend was booked and not only did they suggest that I try calling some of the brokers but they actually gave me a of them to try. That;s what I call Customer Service, and that's one of many reasons I love downtown. Thanks again.

Jimbo338

18. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always just book expedia and price match with easyclick. Never had a problem and I also get a $50 coupon added too.

19. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car rentals maybe not so good

Comments here were good enough for me to check EC for a car rental.

The quote was a great price and the site wanted my CC info to proceed further. It did not mention taxes and fees, just a total with no detail. I had to scroll down NINE paragraphs where it said in "iffy" terms:

Taxes, Surcharges, fees
    If your confirmed rate does not include local taxes, airport fees, and/or state surcharges, you will be required to pay these charges directly to the rental company at the time of pick up.

I called their contact line and was told taxes and fees are not known and to CALL THE RENTAL CAR CO for that information.

This seems to be a calculated way to mislead and not user friendly. Renters could be surprised at the rental counter unless they read all of the fine print (and I, for one, usually don't).

I called back to confirm EC does not provide car rental tax and fee info and was told IT'S BECAUSE IT VARIES and once more that I WOULD HAVE TO CALL THE RENTAL CO for tax and fee info. No thanks.

20. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the coupon?

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.