1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LVH?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Phaleproof, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

I booked a 7 night stay at the LVH, as the reviews on the booking site seemed favorable. However, the recent reviews at tripadvisor make it sound like a nightmare!

Should I be concerned? Should I pay the difference to move somewhere nicer on the strip? Also, has anyone had any luck with the $20 trick here recently?

I wasn't sure if this hotel qualified as on the strip since it is technically a block off it looks like. My sincerest apologies if this is not the proper forum!

Thanks,

Ryan

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the LVH isn't "on the strip", it's on the east side of Paradise back behind the Riviera (which is at the wrong end of the Strip) and a decent walk, especially at night. The LVH sports-book is still one of the area's best, but other than that, I'd be hard pressed to call it anything more than a lower mid-tier property right now. If your going for a convention, it can be a decent spot to stay because it's right next to the LV Convention Center.

If you're not a frequent visitor and want the Vegas "experience", I'd move to something on the Strip. If you stay at the LVH, I predict you'll spend a lot on cab rides to and from the Strip. Of course, the monorail runs right by there and you could do that, but the point is, I think you'd be leaving a lot.

3. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to take the monorail most days anyway I think, cheaper than cabs and I don't mind the exercise (will see about that after 6 days of walking haha).

My apologies on the wrong forum, could a moderator move this perhaps?

I think I might try to see if Expedia will let me pay the difference and stay at Bally's or maybe TI.

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother and I stayed there when it was the Hilton about 3 to 4 years ago. Yeah it's a bit of a walk to the strip but nothing terrible. Wouldn't feel unsafe and hardly ever saw anybody walking from there to the strip. Sometimes we came back even late at night. If I could get the same price I would rather stay on the strip. But we were going to a fight that was being held there so was nice to be right at the venue.

5. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be nervous and worried about rebooking. The LVH will be just fine, as long as you know you're not getting the Wynn, which it sounds like you do. The sports book is great, as well as the sports book deli. Elevators can be a bitch....but that is luck of the draw. If you want somewhere quiet and relatively nice for the price, it's a viable option.

6. artrageous

artrageous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there 3 times in 3 years and it was fine. You can't beat the price. Join their player's club and they'll send you deals all year long.

It helps if you know what you want when using the $20 tip trick, otherwise an upgrade could be nothing more then a better view. I asked for a Director's suite and got one each time. I did not have access to the extra room shown in the floor plan link below, but it still was a heck of a room. It had 2 queen beds, a wet bar with seating, dining room table for 6 and a couch with 2 chairs.

Unlike other suites, Directors suites are used more for group gatherings. They are on lower floors so you don't get amazing sweeping views. I always got the North Tower.

http://www.deprezmeetings.com/demo/itf/itf_lv/lvhilton_suite_info.shtml

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at LVH before. Maybe a few times.

We have passed up suites there since because it is NOT on or even near the strip. It is worth lots to be at Paris or Ballys or lots of other places where you walk outside and are part of the action.

My opinion.

8. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and I can do the TI for $135 more (although it's another $175 for the 7 days of resort fees). I want something closer to the Rio as that's where the conference I am going to be going to a few of the days will be, but I have no intention of using any places' wireless since I have 4G on my smart phone.

I'm thinking about seeing how much more Planet Hollywood or maybe even Paris would be than LVH since it sounds like I can't escape the resort fees on the center of the strip.

I secretly have this Fantasy of pulling the $20 trick at the Paris or Planet Hollywood and snagging a half-decent view of the Bellagio fountains - I know it's probably a pipe dream but a man can dream and my girlfriend would love it. :)

Thoughts?

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you book RIO or Paris/Planet Hollywood do it NOW!!. On March 1st CET hotels add a resort fee. I will be at RIO in May. You can get the Rio shuttle that goes to the Strip, or you can get the RTC bus #202 that goes down Flamingo Blvd from the Strip to the RIO area. The Hilton is too far away from everything. But if you can book CET properties before March 1st i would do it. Read the bottom of my post. That's just 3 days away.

10. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does that pertain to orders from booking sites like expedia?

I had called them yesterday and seemed to have no idea in reference to resort fees.

11. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there when it was Hilton. It was cool about 4 years ago. I can't stand it as LVH. I don't mind the distance. I love,the riviera. I just don't have anything positive to say about Lvh

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.