1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question for the Golfers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by IowaRyan, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been enjoying watching the Waste Management Open at Scottsdale. Never seen a golf tournament where players get booed! I've decided that in many ways think I'd rather go to this tournament than the Masters. After all, if I want to deal with a bunch of uptight assholes I can just go to the courthouse. Am I alone?

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gotten to the point I am looking more forward to watching "Big Break" than I am any pro tourney. I don't know why, but it's the truth

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was watching it yesterday and thought I might be confused in what I was hearing...They were booing weren't they?

4. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just arrived home from the tournament, hole 16 is the greatest hole in golf for the fans. I have corporate seating next to the green and if the player doesn't hit the green the boos fly. Saturday is the party day, as all the Scottsdale girls show up in their little sun dresses and stripper shoes. Behavior at the Phoenix Open defiantly would not be tolerated at the masters.

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my buddies were texting me pics and videos from their skybox on 16. they were drinking it up big time and having a blast!!!

still i would rather go to the Masters just for the beauty and meaning of the tourney.

have played TPC scottsdale a few times, really fun course.

6. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359942371.029881.jpg

My breakfast

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've hit a number of Phoenix Opens. Done the Birds' Nest, 16, played in several pro-ams. That scene has been going on for years. It's a bit more orchestrated now, certainly it's grown, lotta wannabes, but it does work. Really the only downside is the network gidgets trying to out vamp each other, and that was before Jake Trout decided to return sans the Flounders.

One of my best tourney-related experiences came with a shank on 16 several months prior to the event. The stands were going up and the workers booed me. I jarred the next shot and they cheered loudly.

Only there.

Good course. Not the best public play over there but iconic, and it only gets better from a John Q perspective as the "legends" grow.

Oh, never been to Augusta. I'd like to be there for what it represents. But this is really cool. Different. Both cool.

8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

It's unique.
    So that makes it enjoyable.
    What i didn't hear was a good thing --
    At almost every pro tournament I hear
    the two drunk @holes yelling on every Par 3 --
    "It's in the hole !"....:grrr:....and then they laugh.
    Somebody please kick them in the nutz.:evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.