1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ladies: What to wear? Rockabilly car show, I'm clueless!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Amandy, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amandy

Amandy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi ladies..

So my first time with my bf in vegas will be at the end of March. From what I understand Hot Rod Magazine will be throwing a car show and his shop will be displaying a few cars.

My problem: I already have NO sense of style.. Its like the chick gene that I was supposed to get just died off and I've never been able to dress myself well. I mostly wear skinny jeans, converse, sometimes some black ugg boots, and some sort of black shirt, a black metal band hoodie, or a black jean jacket. I don't make a ton of money but I am starting to save now to be able to shop before I go.

I will likely be with him at the car show all day, and then out with him at night. I'd like to look really sexy but be comfortable as well. I am 26, 5'8 about 160 lbs and I have shoulder length black hair, a couple small piercings on my face and my arms are sleeved with tattoos.. I look best in something black..

Can you give me an idea or even pictures of some things that I could wear to be comfortable but still look really hott at the car show during the day? And something sexy for at night (no dresses or skirts please, i'm not comfortable with my legs). Looking for ideas from the shoes all the way to the jacket, not much of an accessory wearer, etc.

I've always wanted a hott pair of boots, I just have trouble matching them with jeans because, again, I'm clueless!

2. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you can do heels, I'd say a pair of black (or very dark wash) skinny jeans, red pumps (or other bright colour) and since your most comfortable in black, find a nice black top with some volume to counter the skinnies. Maybe something with a lace back with cutouts, or peplum-type waist so you still feel comfortable but sexy too! You'll look sexiest if you're comfortable with what you're wearing, so don't go too far out of your comfort zone. A girl in heels she can't walk in is not hot, she's a hot mess. That's my suggestion! Looking forward to hear what you decide!

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not into that scene but I've seen a few of the travel shows that have covered this event in Vegas. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'd also be safe with and maybe could get some ideas from just about anything in the Betty Paige store. There are a few of them in Vegas I believe. The wife got a dress from the Miracle Mile location on our last trip.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DON'T wear heels during the day! You'll be standing on concrete all day long and your legs & back will never forgive you!!

I do a trade show every year for my husband's manufacturing company, and it's so very different from my "day job". I learned after the first year that "cute" doesn't cut it on concrete convention hall floors! I have a few pairs of shoes - brands I know fit my foot and will last a long time, and tend to be good for walking and standing. I have a great pair of Keen boots that I walked all over Paris in and will bring to Vegas in Feb for the next trade show. But my style (and age) are slightly different from you:peace: I am pretty preppy and when I wear a skinny pant tucked into the boot, it's more an equestrian look with flat knee high boots.

By all means- wear heels at night if you plan to change:peace:

You might want to search Pinterest or Polyvore for styling ideas - like this one for motorcycle boots, if that might be of interest: http://pinterest.com/danimarie/styling-my-new-motorcycle-boots/

I love this look and it could be done in darks: [​IMG]

Cute boots, skinny jeans, sweater & scarf: [​IMG]

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That weekend is Viva Las Vegas. There will be a lot of girls in professional hair and makeup and done to this nines. Understand, this is one of the premiere rockabilly events in the US and a lot of girls go to show off all their outfits and styles. I know girls who change clothes two to three times a day. There will be a lot of specialized vendors who are there just for this. Check out websites like pinupgirlclothing, and unique vintage to see what types of things you will see.

ETA: You can also do an eBay search by using the phrase VLV for vintage looks at a lower price, just watch where they are shipping from!

6. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, ok, this is a costume event:nworthy: I'm out with advice:eek:

7. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, Hoya. It's costumes like what's in my avatar pic. Fingers crossed I'll have a reason to be there!!

8. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaa yep me too!

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are oodles of boards on Pinterest searching terms from BlueSkadoo's post:thumbsup:

Does appear to be mostly girly dresses for women, though maybe you could do a skinny capri? Like this (though I think Audrey Hepburn as Sabrina, but that's just me?) [​IMG]

This one has hairdo tutorials too!
    http://pinterest.com/ultimovals/vintage-rockabilly-diy/

Cute look, but there is no way in he!! I could wear those shoes for a day at a car show :cheers:
    [​IMG]

At least this thicker heel looks more comfortable, but....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm on a bit of a leopard kick at the moment and LOVE these jeans:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say start with fishnets and work down from there.

12. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm not a lady, and I'm certainly not qualified to give fashion advice, but I have been to the VLV Car show. BlueSkadoo is right, there will be quite a few women (and some men too) that are dressed to the nines. VLV offers some fascinating people watching. If you're planning to spend the day at the car show, go with something comfortable. It's big, it's a parking lot, and there will be lots of walking and standing. There will be plenty of people that are dressed casually, so you won't feel out of place at all if you opt for comfort over fashion.

If you do choose to dress "up" a bit, one fashion accessory that I've seen that I think is both cute and practical is a parasol. You might appreciate the shade if it turns out to be a hot day.

The car show is fantastic. Even if cars aren't your thing I think it would be hard not to appreciate some of the amazing artistry and detail you will see at the VLV Car Show.

Here are a couple of photos from last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.