1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way to use Total Rewards points?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cnaburgin, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnaburgin

cnaburgin Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for some advice from any CET Total Rewards experts on the best way to use my Total Rewards points while in Vegas? I've had a Total Rewards Visa for years and have racked up about 150,000 points ($1500.00). Unfortunately we won't be staying at a CET property, staying at Aria courtesy of work. We make a trip out to Vegas about once every 5 years and the TR Visa card is going away, so I'm looking to use up all my points. We definitely plan on dining at the CET restaurants to use some. Any help on getting the best bang for the buck would be greatly appreciated. We'll be there for four days.

2. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd stay an extra night in a $1000/night room, then eat $500 worth of something tasty.

3. JRAinDC

JRAinDC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Qua Spa at Caesar's.

4. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a dinner at Guy Savoy.

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buy liquor at that liquor store over by harrahs if it is still open, if I remember correctly the prices were better than the hotel gift shops and I definitely paid to stock up for a party there once with CET points

6. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are some possible suggestions:

1. Treat you and your SO to a nice spa service once a day, probably at Caesars Palace.

2. Eat at some of the higher-end CET restaurants--The Old Homestead, Gordon Ramsey, Bacchanal Buffet, Eiffel Tower Restaurant for the experience, etc.

3. Pay for all your alcoholic beverages at the bars with TR points--drinks are usually like $14 bucks each, depending on what you get.

4. Buy some souvenirs at the various gift shops.

5. Not the best use of your points, but you could convert them into free play to make some money.

6. Do not use the points to get a TR gift card. One of the worst uses of the points.

7. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were you planning on using that credit card even if they didn't get rid of it? How were you planning on using the points you received?

I know you say you don't get out to Vegas often, but how about just going an extra time this year? Your room/food would be paid so it costs you airfare + gambling.

I'd just be spending it on nice dinners, but I can't do that every night so $1500 would be tough for 2 people unless you are there a long time.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'd say some fancy dinners would cover it nicely. Only downside being that the tip wouldn't be on TR points (if I recall correctly), so you're talking maybe $225 in tips to use it all fine dining. But go to the fanciest places and you could knock most of this off in maybe 3 meals.

Show tickets or spa services are another option. Most of the other options are either rooms or add-ons if you are staying at that hotel.

10. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really wanted to dump them, without waste, you should be able to convert it into cash. Last I checked it was 2 for 1 so you'd get $750.00 in cash.

I have the card as well and I build up points fast. I like to shop in the Caesars Palace gift. Not the one at the front door, the one in the Apian Way across from the giant statue of David. Its not huge, but they have a decent size close out section in the back. I picked up CP logo golf hats for $1.99 each before, books on cooking that used to be $49.95 marked down to $3.95 and keychains for .99. It varies but you can stock up on good stuff cheap there.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only things I have seen are freeplay at the 2 for 1. Never seen cash offered. Of course, if you were planning to play at least $750 anyways, then it is the same as cash.

12. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

Really? Is that how they do it in Vegas? At my local, Horseshoe Hammond IN, you go to the TR booth, they give you a slip and you hand that to the cashier and they give you real cash. I usually pocket mine, but sometimes I play on with it.

13. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have $1500 in comp $ - you could go to the TR desk and cash it in for $750. Jersey Boys are definately worth a look. Shopping the TR gifts can be great too but you can do that online anytime. Just because CET will no longer with the CC company - you keep the comps you already have... Have a great time!!

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a jewelry store in Bally's that takes points. I would make sure you do mist of your dining with CET and blow the rest shopping. This is assuming that you aren't concerned about your theo. Otherwise , just cash out so you minimize your non play activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.