1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NEW Aria Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jpm1603, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpm1603

jpm1603 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews on the Aria buffet now that it is reopened?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about this as well. The description on the website makes it sound like they've expanded their offerings, but I can't recall exactly what they had before; I ate there once, a few weeks after Aria opened, and was entirely unimpressed (inconsistent preparation, poorly-labeled dishes, and lackluster service, although I've heard that it improved over time).

3. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't heard anything yet. Are they still giving out the lobster tail with the meal? That was excellent. On their old buffet, I did find that some of their offerings were somewhat bland and had been under a heat lamp a little too long. Hopefully, they keep the lobster tail and improve on the other selections.

4. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping it's been improved. Went about 6 months ago, and while it was certainly acceptable, it didn't compare with the rest of Aria.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone? I'm also curious.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll probably be trying it in the next two weeks.

One point to note is the pricing on Friday is ripe for sneaking in for lunch and getting a great deal. It goes from $20.99 for weekday lunch to $39.99 for weekend gourmet dinner. So you save almost 50% by going just before 4pm on Fridays.

Unfortunately, the yelp reviews are just as disappointing as they've always been. From the pictures, it looks like Aria is trying to replicate what works at Wicked Spoon and Bacchanal, but did not give up enough of what used to already be there. So it has no real identity. Exactly the problem it had before.

7. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried to go in before 4 or do they cut off lunch at 3pm?

8. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the buffet 2 times last week, both for lunch. We really enjoyed it and I would go again!! I really don't have time to do an in depth review, I will try to do that this weekend. We did go for lunch both times and the first time they started putting dinner items out when we were there. There were not many differences between dinner and lunch and the lunch is WELL WORTH THE PRICE!! All the items are made in small bathes and made right there, so I could tell some of the chefs were having a hard time keeping up, but that is understandable. Full seafood and sushi were available at lunch and higher end sushi was put out for dinner.

9. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet's web page says lunch ends at 4pm and dinner starts at 4pm, so there should be no break. Just that 20-30 minute period where you'll see some empty steam tables or see all the cold items removed so the ice can be refreshed.

Buffets that do end lunch with a break before dinner often don't actually deny entry between that break. For example, Studio B at M ends lunch at 2:30, but dinner doesn't start until 4pm. But since people are still being let in during those 1.5 hours and dinner has yet to start, they are still paying the lunch price.

10. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when i went you could not do this, perhaps because it was the friday gourmet meal where you received a half lobster for the higher price. at the
    main street station buffet you can't get in for the lunch and stay for dinner. thank you for your information it is appreciated.

11. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this after the remodel? I didn't know what gourmet dinner meant. It comes with lobster still?

Before the remodel, I did the same thing with Aria where I went for brunch before the switch to gourmet weekend dinner. The dinner was advertised to include half a lobster per person. We simply did not receive the lobster, as we did not pay for dinner (since the lobster is cooked to order per table). We were still able to have full use of the buffet (king crab, prime rib, etc). I was perfectly fine not receiving the lobster. Had the lobster been set out on the buffet line, I would have had access to it.

Good to know about MSS buffet. I've never been there. Thanks!

[edit]
    Curiosity got the better of me. I called the buffet and the remodeled menu does not include a portion of lobster with gourmet dinner. The main changes are lamb and roasted salmon at the carving station, as well as a "surf and turf" at the seafood section. Also oysters are offered (hostess did not know if they were frozen/thawed or fresh-shucked). Surf and turf changes, but it's not steak and lobster. Her example was veal and shrimp. She finished with, "you may see a few other changes scattered around the buffet, but the surf and turf, oysters, and extra meats at the carving station are the main features"

So I'd say there will be no problem doing the lunch --> dinner transition any day of the week, with Friday being the best deal.
    Same thing goes for Bacchanal at Caesars, except it's a 3pm changeover. Friday saves you the most money (although Bacchanal does not have a "higher end" menu for the weekend, they just simply charge a higher price).
    [/edit]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.