1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA Boarding Pass Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mike mc, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have always taken SW as a non-stop, and I am aware of process logging in 24 hours ahead of flight to get you seating line up of A-B- or C, This time I have a lay-over do I call in on the initial depature time only ? or need to log in on each departure times. I am assuming the initial time only, and if so,do you keep the same boarding slots or will that change with each flight, not sure if I should get the EB special , never had a problem in the past with getting a late A or Early B slot

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you check-in you will also receive your boarding assignments for the connecting flight.
    They won't necessarily be the same grouping, I suppose it all depends on where your connection is. I fly from NY to Vegas thru Chicago. I usually get A for the first segment and late B to C for the second. I imagine it's because anyone going to Vegas from Chicago directly can check in 1 hr. earlier due to the time zone difference.
    If use use the EB. I believe it would cover both check-ins.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get both boarding passes with assignments when you check in. I prefer to spend the $20 for EBCI since I am on the plane for about 6 hours all told. Even though I always got a good seat leaving NH since the flight originated here, the longer flight would be iffy since it stopped to drop off passengers (usually in midway) and pick me up so a limited # of seats were avaialble. Big advantage was the trip back starting in LV since plane is usually sold out. With the EBCI your boarding assignments are assigned 36 hours before the flight regardless of when you check in at home, at the counter or kiosk. For someone 45 minutes away by plane I guess it wouldn't matter much but for me it does.

Jimbo338

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am with Jimbo. When I check prices for SWA I factor EBCI into the cost, just as I would with a resort fee. Subtracting baggage and increasing value for the non stop from Midway.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.