1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Iberostar Cancun? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're considering a trip there in Feb to celebrate my wife's birthday.

All inclusive golfing vacation. Anybody stayed?

Choice of two courses each day:
    Iberostar Cancun Playa Paraiso
    Iberostar Cancun Golf Club

It's only one round of golf each day, but with my bad back, 18 holes each day is enough.:poke:

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    iberostar

I have stayed at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo 2 times its a great resort its 5 resorts in one location in Riviera Maya outside Cancun,
    they are great and beautiful, the other one you mention is the one in Cancun that opened recently

3. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Iberostar Cancun used to be the Hilton Cancun. It changed hands sometime around 9/1/2011. I have not stayed there since the take over, however, my wife and I stayed at the Hilton property 6 different times including just a few weeks before the switch.
    We really liked the place then. The beach was pretty uncrowded. The resort was open with plenty of room. We loved the huge pool area and especially the activity pool being separate from the main pool.
    It is not near any of the party areas, which we also liked. If you wanted to head to party central it was a quick cheap bus ride away.
    Not sure what changes they have put in, but the basics were very nice when it was a Hilton.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, thought I'd stick my nose under the corner of the tent, see how everyone is.

Joe, this really isn't right to your question, but here's a Yucatan piece I wrote for Golfweek several years ago:

Riv Maya golf

I also never can seem to navigate the website, but last year, for WestJet Vacations' travel guide site, I did several of the Mexico golf bits, including Cancun and environs.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.