1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Late Check-In Experiences

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Goosey, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright, I'm a trip in December and I've never arrived at night (or at least past 6pm) but I'm thinking of taking a later flight that has me arriving in Vegas around 9pm. Say I have a host book a suite for me, what are the chances of the suite being taken up? I can fly out the next day but I figure if I take the late flight I'll get an extra day in Vegas and also time to recover. Any experiences with checking in late and being put in a room you didn't like?

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a host arranges a suite, I can't see you not getting what was reserved. 9PM isn't late though. They usually wait til later before they start clearing out preferences or making assumptions you aren't coming.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can think of at least three occasions over the past 25+ years of Vegas trips when I was upgraded to a suite because they ran out of standard rooms by the time I arrived. Each time, it was late at night, probably after 11 pm and on one occasion after 1 the next morning. (I had already informed them of a late arrival.) Also, each time, I got the deer in the headlights look when I tried to check in. That's always disconcerting, but it worked out fine.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a host book it, specifically tell him what time you're planning to get there just to make 100% sure there aren't any problems. That what I do, except I arrive early. My room has always been ready.

5. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think a host has control over that though? Unless you're a High Roller, I'm not sure a host will actually set aside specific rooms.

For instance, if I'm staying at the Encore I usually have my host book me Encore Panoramic rooms and sometimes I get one of the highest floors and other times I get a "high floor" but not exactly in the Panoramic section.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what time you arrive has nothing to do with whether you get the suite or not. the suites are determined by the suite committee a couple of days before the weekend. if you get bumped out of the suite, it won't matter what time you arrive.

one thing is that on busy weekends a good host will pre-check you into your suite early in the day to lock you into the best suite available. then when you get there, you just go into the host office to pick up your keys and don't even go through check-in.

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's likely not determined by what time you arrive, but by other guests' status being higher than yours.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but if I ask my host to do it and it's screwed up, I do believe he'll go way out of his way to make it right.

9. RodneyK

RodneyK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The later you check in the more problems there can be...

10. spikeylee

spikeylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    usually if i check in late, i would call the hotel and notify them the approximate time you are checking in and ensure they do not cancel your reservation for that night.

11. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help guys. I guess I shouldn't worry about checking in late and just do it. I figure a host would put me down for late checkin but I guess calling the front desk can't hurt as well.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when a host puts in your reservation it's coded to marketing. the front desk can't do anything with it, it's completely locked to them. if you call up they will just forward you to the host office.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.