1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Craps Rating Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by oc_guy, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heres the scenario. I'm consistently betting $50 on the table. A shooter gets hot, rolls 30-45 minutes, numerous points, etc. My bets will have grown to $200-$300 on the table. How would this be viewed? Will I only get credit for the original starting bets? An average for the entire length of the shooter's roll? Or is it much more discretionary and theres no way to anticipate what you'll be rated? Thanks.

2. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experience, the pit boss usually rates you at your starting betting pattern (most places don't count odds), so if you are doing 52 across with 10 on the pass, then you will be getting rated at $62. Most pit bosses are too lazy to alter their "impression" of your rating.

When I encounter one of those hot rolls, after the session I usually ask the pit boss what the rating is, and will argue for him to try and give me the ending amount on the table...but usually he/she will do about 1/2 the final amount.

3. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if MGM properties count odds?

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None of the MGM properties I've played at count odds. Places that do count odds in your rating adjust their comp formulas for it, so there's no free lunch.

5. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is discretionary and is based on your overall play such as how aggressive you press up your bets. But like you said, you consistently bet $50 on the table so the chances are you won't be rated much higher than that. But it does depend on how aggressively you press your bets. A player who quickly presses up his bets to $200-300 and stays there is going to be given a higher rating than someone who takes their time to press up to $400 more often than not because the former player will be betting more most of the time than the guy who presses slowly.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll tell you a story, because it's just that, a story -- a one time view of something that happened at a craps table over labor day.

I bought in for about $1000. Gave my wife $100. She bet $10 pass with $10 odds, and nothing else. I bet $15 pass. If the point was a 6 or 8, I placed the other for $30 and bought the 4 and 10 for $25 each. If the point was anything else, I just placed the 6 and 8 for $30 each. I made a lot of crew bets and some small hard ways, because we were having fun. Normally I'd expect to get rated about $90-$100 for this.

One or two shooters got somewhat hot, and I was pressing my 6 and 8 bets quite a bit. One time I got the 8 up to $180.

Two hours later, I left the table up about $100. I got rated for two hours at $160 a bet.

It's been my experience that with a good box man, especially one who knows you, that you get some credit for pressed bets. But that at a crowded table, he's not going to necessarily notice as much, unless there's something that makes you stand out (biggest bettor at the table, hot woman, regular customer...something)

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they should rate you for the average of the money you had at risk on the table at any time. so if you start with $100 on the table but press aggressively and soon have $1000 on the table, you should get credit for that. yes, it's winnings, but it's your money at risk. craps is a hard game to rate because there are so many different bets it's hard to really keep up with it. but your key to getting rated better than you deserve is talking to the dealers, being friendly and throwing bets out there for them in the middle as often as possible. the more you tip, the better your rating will be by far.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cannot emphasize enough how important tipping and being friendly has been in my experience. I've had sessions where I never had more than $75 out at a time (usually some combination of pass line, odds, and 6/8 places, pressing the latter a little on good rolls, and a few two-way $1 bets in the middle), and usually a fair bit less than that, which have been rated at close to $100. I like to think that it's because I occasionally put the dealers on the line and made two-way middle bets, rather than because pit bosses are just inherently generous.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.