1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi From Nottingham, England

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by bigmedsi, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmedsi

bigmedsi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

I'm currently 3 weeks away from my 2nd trip to Vegas - and it happens to be my Stag Do! My Best Man has organised the trip and they won't tell me exactly where we are staying but I have narrowed it down to a City Centre Hotel. Getting very excited now its close and cannot wait to get back to LV! Gonna be there Mon-Fri over Halloween too!

My first trip was May 2010 and I stayed at Excalibur (didn't spend much time there save for sleeping!). But I did enjoy some of the Downtown atmosphere and obviously introduced myself to the Strip. I was travelling alone but met some great people and will definitely be stopping by Ellis Island for a steak dinner and some beers!

So I doubt I will have much say in where we go but would love some tips on some bars to check out. We may try 1 club night but going as a group of 6 guys and having read some of this site I think getting in will be an issue! Smaller lounge or bar venues would be much better I think.

Anyway nice to meet you all and glad I stumbled upon this site!

Si

2. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you end up at the Wynn/Encore, ask about the Prince Harry suite. Now that would be a great place for your Stag Do (I'm guessing that's what we call a Bachelor Party)! I've never been to Vegas on Halloween but imagine it's quite memorable. Enjoy your 2nd trip. Something tells me you may not get back there with the new wife!

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Nottingham was one of the first places I knew was in england.....seems like that sheriff was always chasing Robbin Hood......not the Disney characters kids know today but Richard Greene of the old BBC series.

Much to my surprise we even have a Nottingham here in New Hampshire (as opposed to Old Hampshire) that I discovered when a cop stopped me there when returning home from Maine one night.

I see quite a few Brits posting here from time to time, and have met many in LV over the years as well. I fugure it must be quite a love for a place considering the expense it must be getting there from across the Atlantic and then most of north America. How long is your flight? Do you fly British Airways? Non-stop? I loved it when I flew from the east coast non-stop. It was officially 6 hours but we usually got there in about 5-1/2. Now that Southwest did away with the non-stop most of the year, it takes more like 8 hours after changing planes and layover times. I think my days of more than 6 hours on a plane are over, tho I did it when I was your age.

In any event, enjoy your trip, there is always so much more to see; I am looking forward to trip #19 in January.

Jimbo338

4. bigmedsi

bigmedsi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

We're flying with Virgin Atlantic, it's direct and I think about 8-10 hours?

Yeah I live right in the middle of Robin Hood country! Lot's of themed stuff around here including quite a nice castle!

I think most Brits see LV as a clear cut love/hate thing, but seeing as we have nothing similar it is a good excuse for a holiday and I'm in the love it category! After my first trip I just needed an excuse to go back!

Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) summed up Prince Harry's trip by saying "the controversy would have been if he went to Las Vegas and didn't get in trouble!"

5. bigj2910

bigj2910 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have an awesome time mean im sure you will, im from northampton and going exactly the same time as you! but travelling alone this time, would be great to meet people along route have a blast son!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Adepizza

Adepizza Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have one for me bigmedsi. I'm returning again, staying DT, but have to wait until next May!
    All the best :)

7. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Welcome to the board bigmedsi! Sounds like it's going to be quite the trip.

There are a lot of lounges and bars in Vegas and everyone seems to have their favs but I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a place you like. Most bars and lounges are very active and a lot of fun. Just look for a place full of people and join in the fun. If you make it down to Harrahs, try and stop in Carnival Court. It's an outside venue that has a live band and is almost guaranteed to be a lot of fun.

Good luck on the trip. :thumbsup:

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.

9. bigmedsi

bigmedsi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone - it's nice to feel welcome!

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Americans really like Prince Harry. He seems to be able to find fun in all that he does, and seems to be liked by all. Seems good to have a royal that is so down to earth though perhaps a thorn in the side of Her Majesty! It must be a burden to be followed and scrutinized 24/7 by the press and everyone else.Harry knows how to enjoy himself.......one of us.....he likes LV!

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.