1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is CET still sending emails to upgrade ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vegasqc, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just pulled the trigger on the flamingo on a deal to good to pass up 30$ for 7 nights( basic room)

Are they still sending emails a week or 2 prior your dates to upgrade?

Ill keep on checking prices and cancel/rebook if someplace better comes along even if it for more money but i wanted to make sure to get something locked in just in case.

Was able to get mon-tues-wed-thurs-sun comped and 15$ for fri/sat.

I was kinda surprise to see nothing will be charge to my credit card is this standard ? Last year i stayed at PH and the charged me the 7 nights right away

2. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will send the email, we got it back in August. I think it was $30 a night more for the Go with a view.

3. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not get an upgrade offer for this Monday's stay yet but maybe cause I have a fully compd room reserved

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In April when I had fully comped rooms I didn't receive an upgrade offer either.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got one on my comped room for my say at the beginning of the month. But mine was for a GO to a GO luxury, and I didn't care about the view.

6. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten the email offer on each of my (4) stays this year. All my rooms were fully comped as well. I imagine if the GO rooms are nearly sold out, they don't offer it but do if there's alot of availability. My email was always $20 for a GO room with pool view, $30 for Go with a view and $40 for a GO suite. If I am only comped a FAB room, I jump on the $20/night upgrade charge and pay for it with points. There's been several times it wasn't even charged, so I suppose it was comped off.

You weren't charged a deposit because your first night is comped. If you were paying $15 for the first night, you would have been charged a $15 deposit.

I luv the Flamingo, it's my fave place, especially the GO rooms. Enjoy!
    diane

7. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got the email for my upcoming trip.

Solo
  8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies

I really want to upgrade cause im not really interessed in the basic room so ill
    wait for the email and still look out for any deals i could get elsewere

Habs0nut
    What kind of room did you have and what did they offer you?

9. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a GO room booked for one night.

This is what the email says

"Thank you for booking your stay at the fabulous Flamingo Las Vegas, the Strip's home of fresh, fabulous fun.

Upgrade from a GO Deluxe room to Strip-view GO Luxury accommodations for just $20 per night or upgrade to a GO Mini King Suite for $40 additional each night. Call 1-800-557-3501 and mention offer code FPRESTAY to get your upgrade at this discounted price!"

Solo
  10. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Habs, is this for your Choose Your Escape trip?

11. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always stay at the Flamingo, usually comped fully. For our upcoming trip, we are paying for the Friday and Saturday nights. The room is the standard FAB room. I have never received an email upgrade offer, though am usually offered one when we check in, last time it was $15.00 per night to upgrade to Go from Fab, well worth it . I will be curious to see if I recieve an offer through email this time.

12. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Leaving in 5 days!! We're staying at Caesars Friday and Saturday. We're switching over to Flamingo for the Sunday night as the prices at CP were pretty crazy.

Solo
  13. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm excited to hear about your adventures! Have a great time!! :)

14. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know how busy it is in Vegas in 2 weeks, but I am there 2 weeks today at Flamingo - comped in a standard room. So I hope that there is a decent upgrade deal, because I can write off up to $100 still (work trip) and would consider doing so for a decent upgrade. My work colleague ( and 25 trip plus Vegas veteran) says there is a huge jump as far as difference between standard and GO Rooms....

Here's hoping!

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just one for ballys about a week before me arival date

16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't need to send them if occupancy levels are high. I have received them nearly every trip for the last year and a half at Paris & Flamingo. Did NOT this trip BUT it was (I'm sure) because we requested a handicap accessible room. (Paris).

17. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked 1 night at PH Oct 9 and 2 nights at Caesars Oct 10 and 11.

I received an email for PH for a $35 upgrade to a strip view but did not receive anything for Caesars.

The weird thing is I received an email for Imperial Palace which I had booked a while back for my last night but decided to cancel it and room with the family downtown instead. I had to call TR to verify I wasn't in fact booked and they confirmed I wasn't but said they still send emails. No idea why. I cancelled that over a month ago.

Needless to say I passed on both deals. I will ask politely at PH for a strip view since they obviously have them and at Caesars i'll do the same. If given, ill tip accordingly rather then tip $35 up front. :)

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that same e-mail today for my trip next monday. I'm not paying that but will tip a $20 if they give me one at check in.

19. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIO

I got the email yesterday for our one night stay at the RIO for next Wednesday night. It said we could upgrade to a masquerade suite for $250.

When I stayed at the Flamingo I received an email to upgrade to a GO Room, but I can't remember the cost. And for our August trip to the Flamingo I don't remember getting the upgrade email, but it's very likely that I did get it and just don't remember.

20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The upgrade rate at Flamingo also definitely varies with time of year, occupancy & special events etc. I have seen TR's & posts with it varying from I believe $15 to $30 per night.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.