1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What ever happened to the hype about Wicked spoon?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by golfnut, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been seeing alot about Wicked Spoon lately. For a while it seemed like there was a ton of hype. We ate there in June 2012, and really enjoyed it.
    Is it as good as it was?

2. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems to fail to have complete consistency (at least based on the posts here). And I myself have had mixed experiences.

In general, I think it is a very good buffet and they have some unique and creative dishes. It's priced a bit higher than some, and that can be a consideration as well.

I've eaten there about 6 or 7 times, I think, over the last 2.5 years. Last was in July and it was excellent. My other times have been mostly great, but occasionally it failed to wow me (I don't remember why specifically, though).

The M is my personal favorite. It has never let me down. Very consistent quality and selection and priced very attractively (plus all the beer and wine you want).

3. surfside

surfside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wicked Spoon

Hi

Ate there about two weeks ago.. WOW, was I impressed with their Brunch! Plenty of selections and all the food was freshly cooked. It was by far the best buffet experience I had in Vegas for my 8 day trip! Very good menu items and the dessert bar was to die for! Fresh, hot food , that taste good is a plus in my book!

4. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The newness is gone. Same thing happened to Bellagio and Wynn. Wicked Spoon is still top notch, don't let the crickets fool you.

Nick:beer:

5. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear that it's still getting good remarks. My wife wants to eat there again and I didn't want to go if it wasn't any good anymore. Sounds like we should be fine though.

6. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After experiencing the Sterling Brunch at Bally's (only served on Sunday's) it doesn't come close.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed 100%... we're a fickle public... we swarm to a new joint like moths to a flame, then something else shiny catches our eye (or taste buds) and off we go.:licklips:

8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Bingo. I'm sure the new Buffet at Caesars will get similar hype and never come close to achieving that initial buzz.

9. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good selection of food but the poor service on the last few visits and higher cost mean I will usually go to the Bellagio or Rio instead these days.

10. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. People are still lining up for this buffet. And for good reason.

You'll hear the hype when the Bacchanal Buffet opens (wait, has it opened yet?) and then in a year, you won't hear that much.

11. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go when it's busy, then it'll be great. When it's slow, the food can get a lot colder than at other buffets because the individual serving vessels increase surface area while also preventing direct contact with the steam tables.

So go Saturday at 7pm, not Tuesday at 8:45pm.

12. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The individual serving vessels is what caught my eye in the first place. For some reason I think that it seems more cleanly than a big old troff of food that everyone is grabbing at. Now it may not be any more safe but makes me feel good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.