1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone ever used Hotwire to rent a car?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Big Tip, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have your ever used Hotwire to rent a car? What was your experience with it?

2. okthen

okthen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used Hotwire probably a dozen times in various cities with no issues, but I haven't used it in Vegas as I've never rented a car there. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for Vegas though. They usually have ridiculously cheap rentals, as in $15-19/day for a midsize. They've always given me a car with a company I've heard of as well, as in Avis, National, Hertz.

If you're not that picky in terms of knowing exactly what kind of car and what rental company you get, I say go for it.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically use Hotwire or Priceline. Most recent score was a minivan for a week, online companies wanted $650 to $900 for a week in June, Priceline price was $250!!!

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I've used Car Rentals.Com

I can request a Hotwire quote in a seperate window and they are usually higher. I would try it just for the heck of it and see how you make out.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car rentals are such a crap shoot. I check almost daily.

From Dollar for Sat-Wed in October I scored a mid-size for $109.59 with all fees & taxes.

This thread caused me to look again today and same size car, same dates, is now $180. I don't think I'll find lower than $109. Done looking.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will usually book a rental that I can cancel then start looking on Hotwire. Every time, I've been able to beat the regular rental by quite a lot. But... I use Hotwire as a guide, then go over to Priceline to name my own price when it's close to the trip (seeing as you can't cancel a Hotwire or Priceline rental). I can usually beat Hotwire's price by a couple of bucks. I figure if I can't, the Hotwire price is still available to me. Oh, and those 2 websites only deal with the big boy rental companies, so no worries there.

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a current Hotwire booking for a rental car. First time for a car. I've used them many times for hotels. I feel fairly confident it's going to go OK. But, we'll have to see how it turns out in the end. It's saving us from having to watch the car rental prices day to day. We're satisfied with the price we got on Hotwire.

8. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it this weekend (third time). You are guaranteed a car from one of the major companies (no Fox, Advantage, etc.).

My car was $80 cheaper than other alternatives. Alamo was the winning agency. I like that you can pick your car out of all the cars within your category. Check in / out was painless.

I recommend both Alamo and Hotwire.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.