1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre TR JUST BOOKED #10 July 13 - 16

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thenuke1, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

WOW just for my own kicks and giggles i wanted to see how many trips ive been on so i counted my TRs and they are at 9 coming up on the 10th !:nworthy:

So after alot of debating on the dates the plan originally was july 15 - 17 which would have been during the week which is what we (my lady included) like. Cheaper rooms and cheaper late check outs.

So next Circus Circus West Tower room. Great room , easy to get to, View is mehh. But because the RR connec. has spoiled us and given us a room with coffe maker, microwave, fridge we wanted to get something that could have all that. i call CC and ask about the extras... $15 a night for the fridge... :vomit: no thanks !

Then i just start looking for room at one of my favorite booking sites i4vegas and come across the El Cortez and i notice the week rates are dirt cheap $14 a night :eek:... ofcourse its for the basic room so i check the other rooms and i see Cabana Suites and i check it out and they have everything we want ... granted its not on the strip but we LOVE downtown ! they also just so happen to be running a special book 2 nights and get the 2nd free so since im booking 4 i get 2 free... a grand total of $100 bucks for a suite ???? wow

Ofcourse i have to come here and see what fellow VMB members have to say and so far its been pretty positve. So i get ready to book and then my lady tells me that she has to work that week and cant afford to miss a week... DAME IT. But she says she can miss friday and monday so that makes it a weekend trip !

rates are crazy high

At first we were thinking of staying at the Regular Royal Resort Suite. We know someone there and they always come through, but since its summer they're booked. Hey no big deal she has always been awesome to us so we'll still stop by to say hi.

i start looking for rooms again but they entire time i have my mind set on the Cabana suites. I check out the price and for 3 nights its 150.... wow being a low roller thats a punch in the gut lol. My lady tells me shes willing to stay at the most basic room aslong as we go, But then i remember the deal if i book 4 nights i get a discount... so i book 13-17 and BAM 153 went to 156 that makes me feel better lol even though we wont be in vegas that monday we still get the luxury of a late check out for $3 extra bucks and it means we dont actually have to haul a$$ at check out time which is awesome AND NO RESORT FEE ! keeps getting better and better. We might even get $35 free play and $25 food credit ! any good eats at El Cortez ?

2. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UPDATE !!!!

my connect just let us know this morning that there is a room available for our dates ... as much as i wanted to try the El Cortez Cabana Suite, We are going back to the Royal Resort !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.