1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrades at the Nugget

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by GPZ, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNA

DNA Low-Roller

Very helpful topic. Just went and picked up my Landry's select card at a restaurant here close to my house in Michigan. Booked through a 3rd party but will give it a try this weekend when I get into town. Either way, I really appreciate the info.

Darin

2. erik4vegas

erik4vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Rush Tower Jr Corner Suite booked in July, but I do not see an upgrade above that room in the Rush Tower.

3. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I whole-heartedly agree that one should become a Landry's Select Member. $25 up front does indeed get credited back to you in food costs (we like Vic and Anthony's.) One does get the $25 during the birthday month of the card holder. One does get the opportunity for a free upgrade (based on availability.) Unfortunately, I have not been able to take advantage of the free upgrade, as of yet. Hope to in August. Please, tell me what you have done in the past to receive it. I am generally very pleasant when checking in (of course, I use the VIP.) Help me get that upgrade. I can only hope for the one bedroom suite (in the Gold Tower) but would also love to see the Rush Tower (Jr. suite, perhaps.)

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm....I kinda like hand rails and grab bars in a room...do they have anywhere to hang a swing:wink2:

5. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in....Landry is usually a good gamble as far as food goes. They're restaurants are ALL delicious.

If it gets me an upgrade at the nugget (I'm bringing my girlfriend to vegas in July and want to treat her to a nice hotel stay) then all the better. Even better than that is july is my birthday month so I'll get another 25.00 in credits to spend and if an upgrade is available....especially since it's my birthday month....maybe i'll get a nice suite.

Thanks guys!

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome that you're going during your bday month and you'll get to use all $50 there! :) Let us know how the upgrade works out, I think many of us going after you would like to hear your experience. I hope you get a great room!

Have a great trip!

7. Bloomview

Bloomview Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is some confusion with the Landry's upgrade and unfortunately it still sounds to me as if they are not applying the system consistently. A great deal for the food and worth getting but I was told the card does nothing to get you an upgrade or VIP check-in UNLESS your reservations are thru Landry's ( the PH# on the back of the card) not directly thru GN. Also no internet specials or online bookings automatically access you to upgrade consideration and definately not 3rd party packages and bookings. BUT I have read enough reports of people saying they were upgraded just by showing their card to make me annoyed with them. Obviously I was denied and just not that...but talked to sternly and frankly chastised! Very unpleasant.

8. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must have gotten the snooty blonde at the front VIP check in.

She talked very loudly at me and thought she was above giving me an explanation.

After that I dealt with the VIP in the Rush Tower. I was upgraded twice without booking the Landry rate.

The last two times they refused to upgrade me but did check me in through the VIP.

9. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Edit: Sorry wrong thread!

10. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically, one gets a point for every dollar spent at participating Landry's locations. I presume this is only for restaurants, but it appears some retail and gift card purchases qualify. 250 points convert into $25.00 credit. Their website explains it like this: "When you receive your Landry's Select Club Card, you will be instructed to visit our website to Register Your Account. You cannot redeem rewards until you have registered online. You will earn one point per dollar spent on food, beverage and gift card purchases at any of our participating restaurants (excluding tax, tip, discounts, redeemed gift cards and in some states, alcohol).

Points may only be earned at the time of purchase. Having your Select Club Card with you makes it easier for us to find your account in a timely manner. If you do not bring your Card with you to the restaurant, we will locate your account by entering the telephone number you gave us at the time of registration.

Select Club members are eligible for Priority Seating (based on availability) any day of the week, reservations are preferred where accepted and we recommend large parties call in advance. You will receive quick attention and be provided with the first available table for a party of your size. You must present your Select Club Card to the host/hostess upon arrival to receive Priority Seating.

When 250 points are earned, those points are converted into a $25 reward. Points over that amount will not be converted. For example, spending $255 in eligible purchases would earn one $25 reward with five points remaining to be used toward the next $25 reward.

All points are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Earned Rewards and Member Relations Rewards are valid for 12 months from the date of award. Birthday Rewards expire on the 15th of the month following your birthday month." Apologies for the lengthy cut-and-paste job. I was unsure if I could post the URL (didn't look for the rules, but will do so in the future.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.