1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Hottest/Coldest TEMPS you have experienced in LV?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by -(J)-, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the hottest and coldest temperatures you have ever experienced in Las Vegas?
    Anyone ever seen something crazy like 115+?
    Or has anyone ever seen it snow on the strip? Or even drop down to 10. 5 or 0 degrees?

It was 105 on our summer trip in June a couple years ago. It actually was not too bad. 105 sounds pretty deadly but I recall being outside and feeling fine. It was just really, really bright!!

Last early December it was 33 outside at night. For us, it was very cold!!

I'm thinking our July trip this year may break our 105 record...

2. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my trip last August it was between 111 and 113 degrees every afternoon.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were also there last August and 3 or 4 days in a row it was above 110.....which is like 90-95 here in the Ohio Valley with our 100% humidity. The 1st week of April...it was cooler that we have seen for that time of year - only 1 pool day but the WINDS!!! OMG...it was impossible to walk at the top of some of the crosswalks - couldn't move...it was so odd to see everyone basically froze in place...funny really. :)

4. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three or four years ago I was working at a HP Convention in mid August it was 112-114 during the day. My idiot boss at the time, decided that it would be just great to have us wear suit and tie. Even at nighttime it was miserable. I could stand it in shorts/short-sleeve, but with a suit? And no, he would not pay for dry-cleaning.

I have been many times in early January for CES. It has not been bad at all, 30's - 60's daytime and 20's - 40's at night. Just wore a sweater, and consumed heavily at night... very comfortable.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 2010. Hotter than snot. I'm not sure what that translates to temp wise.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First year we lived there in got down to 25 degrees, froze most of our plants. Same year (2008) it snowed. Higher elevations got 8", us in the NW area got around 3".

120 degrees but 110+ is not abnormal in summer. I even got used to golfing in 100+ temps, but learned the hard way to lay off the beer on the course.

Silverstone GC 12/18/2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really cant tell the difference between 102 and 115. its all hot to me. Not that i cant deal with it, its just all hot.

The coldest was a few christmases ago when it was snowing.

8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High of 114 F and low of 28 F. Can't remember the exact dates and times, but it was between Dec 2000 and May 2012.

9. elrohir44

elrohir44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a teenager (circa 1998-2003) my family had a small ski boat that we would take to Lake Mojave (the body of water below Hoover Dam) several times per summer.

We usually stayed in Laughlin and sometimes at Buffalo Bill's in Primm. Laughlin gets significantly hotter than Vegas and the hottest I remember seeing was around 125 degrees when we got back to Laughlin in the late afternoon.

We were all pretty accustomed to the high temperatures in the Mojave desert but this day (and a few others that came close) was unimaginably hot! We were staying at the River Palms on this trip (NEVER again) and the A/C system for the whole hotel broke down that evening. Not pleasant.

Strangely enough, if it was 100 degrees while we were at the lake we considered that to be too cool. When it would be 115 or so the water felt absolutely perfect and you never got a chill no matter how long you sat in the water.

Our Suburban always felt like an oven when we would get back to the Marina at the end of the day.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    117. We took a daytrip to Laughlin and it was even hotter there - somewhere in the 120s.

11. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    115 on one of our July trips. 30 on one of our Christmas trips.

12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the low 40's or so when we've gone in December and 102 or a bit higher in June.

(We generally go in March, June, September and December.)

13. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was about 110 one July we were there. As another poster said when you get over 100 it's hard to tell any real difference.

14. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 2009

108 - 118 ish for the whole week we were in LV. Had a rental car and everytime we picked up the car the guys at the hotel insisted we take a few bottles of water. "You are in the desert you know" we were told everyday.

The one day we had parked the car in the sun for a couple of hours, when I cracked open a bottle of water it was almost the right temp for a tea bag.:faint:

15. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golfed at Legacy when it was 110. The three guys with me quit at nine, but I was even par, a rare thing for me, so no way was I going to quit. Finished three over.

I'm from Texas so I guess I am use to the heat. The dry heat there is sort of refreshing even. We played here in Austin last year when it was 107, WITH humidity. We played 54 holes. lol

I was in Vegas another time and a downtown building had 115 on it.

But the most I have ever sweated in Vegas was when I was in my 20s and just lost everything at a blackjack table. Sweating and nauseous! lol

16. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One year driving from LV to my mother's home in San Diego through through Death Valley it was 122.

I am not joking.

17. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I moved to Las Vegas in summer of 1993, I remember hitting 113 several days and we would have runs of 5 days or so where highs would be over 105. Having moved from Colorado, it was quite the shock. I remember being dismayed about a newscast, the weatherman was actually excited on the 10pm news that it was already down to 99, yikes. I lasted 3 years in Las Vegas, actually enjoyed it quite a bit except for the heat.

Oops, I was just informed by friends that it was the summer of 1994 and that was the summer we had 9-10 days in a row where it was over 110 degrees each day, and hit 115 3 of those days.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Las Vegas for a week, mid-July about 5-6 years ago. It was 115 or thereabouts almost every day... it was BRUTAL!!!! I'm not sure I believe anyone who says, "I can't tell the difference between 105 and 115." I sure can and I was there for mostly business and was out in it A LOT. Ughhhhhhhh

19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July of 2008. It was 107 degrees at 7:00 at night. Wow. So hot I had a hard time breathing.

December 2011. 27 degrees at 1:30 a.m. Walking back to the Cal with the wind whipping all around us. Kinda nice but I was shivering.

I like the cold weather in Vegas more than the hot.

20. Barney

Barney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was out there the weekend of 7/7/07 and it was 115-117. Brutal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.