1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Birthday In Vegas - Can I blag any passes/drinks at a bar or club ??

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Donnie UK, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donnie UK

Donnie UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying out to Vegas next week and while we are there (on the Sat) it will be my birthday. Any thoughts on getting stuff (drinks or club admission) for free ??? Is it worth trying or a no go ???? I plan to try the $20 check in trick at our hotel (PH) and mention its my birthday but wondered if I am missing anything else ?

Thanks in advance.

2. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday is the busiest day

Club Admission, maybe.

You might get a free drink at a restaurant, but if you plan on going to Marquee on Saturday night and expecting anything by saying it is your birthday, I will wager you have ZERO chance of getting anything.

Good luck and let us know if you do get anything. It never hurts to ask.

3. Donnie UK

Donnie UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that. Just planning to hit a few bars and lounges during the evening and maybe end up at Gallery for the Pussycat Doll's later on. No real expectation of anything major but if they comp me free entry its still a bonus !

Thanks

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Vegas many times on my birthday and the only thing you get is a message that pops up on the slot machine display with balloons LOL. I am not kidding. The MGM Grand used to give out freeplay on your birthday but that went the way of the DoDo bird a couple of years ago.

A stunningly gorgeous girl could probably get into any club free regardless of birthday, but men have a tough time even getting in a club unless they are with a group of attractive women. You can probably get on the guest list at certain clubs but do not fall for those "club passes" that people hand out on the strip while they expect a gratuity. You can get those same deals yourself with a little research. I know there was a thread on this forum recently about getting on the guest list for clubs....

You can mention it is your birthday upon check in at PH (it can't hurt and since they will see your ID anyway they will know it is true.). If you get the right person you might get a complimentary upgrade. But for other perks just because it is your birthday, Vegas is very stingy with those sort of things.

5. Donnie UK

Donnie UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys - will give it a go at check in (along with the $20) but will not expect the red carpet treatment !

6. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago my companion went up and down Fremont asking for birthday freebies. All she got was extra alcohol in her drinks. Not that that is a bad thing...

7. Vegasing

Vegasing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mentioned it was my birthday when I checked into the Mirage last year. Didn't get an upgrade even with gold mLife status (does anyone? :Þ), but I was put on a higher floor with a Strip view. And they sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne!

So definitely not a bad idea to say something at the front desk. :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.