1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report 5/19-5/21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by heatherlovesvegas, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This sounds like fun haha!

Well, my friend Melissa was coming to LA to go to the American Idol finale with me (she came last year and had so much fun she wanted to go again!), and I suggested we stop in Vegas first. So she flew in from Virginia and I drove and picked her up at the airport. This was her first time in Vegas so I was excited to show her all the sights since she hears me talk so much about it.

We headed straight over to the Trump to check in, which I had won on Priceline ($130), great deal considering it was a VERY expensive weekend. The Trump was actually a mistake, I totally clicked the wrong zone, but it turned out fantastic! We go to check in and I want to try the $20 trick to see if I can get a one bedroom. I've never done this before, so I was a little scared. I give the lady my name and she says I have something waiting for me, which was the Billboard Music Awards tickets that I had won on Twitter. So she went to get them. Then I overheard the guy at the attendant next to us ask to add that night on to his stay and they said it was $398, and they were 98% booked so I was like oh crap and I squashed the $20 in my hand. The lady asked us where we were from and I told her the Idol story, and that I had won Billboard tickets, we started chatting about Idol and stuff, so she gave us a complementary upgrade to a 1 bedroom corner suite! PRICELESS. I ended up giving her the $20 and we were on our way.

The room was AMAZING.
    [​IMG]
    Having 2 showers was a lifesaver!:thumbsup:

Then we opened up our Billboard tickets and they were amazing seats! They were $200 each!! :eek: we couldn't believe we scored them for free. After we settled in we headed to Olives at Bellagio for an early dinner. Meh it was ok, we couldn't sit outside so we ate inside, bummed we didn't have the fountain view, but the food was decent and Bellagio is beautiful, I haven't been in there in a long time.

After dinner we walked around, watched a proper fountain show out front. Then we went over to Cosmo, and Aria and did more sight seeing and finished off our evening at Paris, we had crepes, yum! and went in the Eiffel Tower. So scary omg! Not doing that again haha. I'm not big on heights, and it was hot, just wasn't pleasant for me.

[​IMG]
    What a view though!

The on Sunday we did more sight seeing. We had a great brunch at Bouchon at the Venetian and walked around there, and went to Caesars Palace, walked around, and had some delicious frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3. It was perfect because it was so hot outside. Then we took a trip to the Vegas sign for some silly photos, and headed back to get ready for the Awards.

The Billboard awards were so fun. Definitely a cool experience, she had never been to anything like that so she was over the moon about it. Also I was surprised at how fantastic MGM looks, so cool, and so many fun things, I hadn't been there in years for any extended period of time. Sadly after the awards it was such a ZOO we just left. Can we talk about the exit strategy at the Grand Garden. Ridiculous, it took 45 minutes to get out of there. If there was a fire we would have all died haha. So we just headed to Mandalay Bay with the intention of going up to Mix or Foundation room, but we didn't end up doing that since we didn't wanna pay a cover. But we had a light dinner at Slice of Vegas, and gambled a bit, we actually both won about $50 on the penny slots that was cool!

Then on Monday we checked out and headed to the Wynn for breakfast at Society Cafe, that's such a lovely little breakfast place. It was super dead in the Wynn, so we walked around and took in the scenerey and we even went to the Country Club and asked if we could take photos and the man was very gracious! Can I just say OMG that place is wonderful. My next trip I'm definitely planning a brunch there.

[​IMG]

Then we were off to LA! Short little trip, but it was awesome, one of the best Vegas trips I've had in recent memory. Glad I got to try a few new things for me, and that I got to show her all my old favorites.

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a lot of fun.

Nice colorful pics, makes me want to go to Vegas. :)

3. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That picture of the Cosmo & surrounding area is really nice - like a postcard.

When we Were Young
  4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! It's beautiful up in the eiffel tower, just frightening!

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your report. Sounds you girls had a great time!!

6. Dutchguy

Dutchguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GREAT trip report! An easy read. And, fantastic pictures!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.