1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PH question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Daniel2011, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So last year we stayed in a resort room at PH and we loved it. We're planning on going back this year july 16 - 19 and I was looking at getting another resort room. I was looking on the total rewards website to make a reservation directly but the resort room isn't even listed as an option. They have the pet stay resort and the resort vista room but no regular resort room. On the Planet Hollywood website it shows the resort room with pictures and a floor plan and on 3rd party sites like expedia the resort room is still an available option.

Anyone know why its not listed on the total rewards reservation page? Or am I just missing something?

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed that when checking the CET website some rooms aren't listed when you are logged in, but do appear if you ck, without logging in.
    I can't tell you why. I assume it may be because they do not offer those room types on a comp or at a discount.
    I always check the rates with and without logging in. Also remember to add a companions reward # for better rates.
    Good Luck finding the room you want.

3. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there a month ago and had booked a mostly comped Hollywood Hip room. I used the 20 dollar trick and was upgraded to a strip view resort room.

5. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats one thing we were thinking about doing is just booking the Hollywood hip room and trying to upgrade. If that fails anyone know how much it would cost per night to pay for an upgrade to a strip view resort room?

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are low on those rooms & the 3rd party bookers have some held to sell, then they may not appear at all. If the rate or comp is good on the resort vista or the Pet Stay I would book one of those. If you do the pet stay you can probably just get a regular room when you arrive. Tell them you decided not to bring the dog because of the heat or that it was all that was availalble when you booked.

7. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thats the thing I was looking at one of the other rooms I think it was one of the suites and it showed on the calendar that it was sold out all the way through September but it still appeared as an option in the reservation page, it just wouldnt let you book it.

8. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I upgraded in January, and they said the price was $50 a night, but I ended up getting it for $30 a night.

I noticed the same thing on the website last week.. The resort room wasn't showing, but the Mountain View Luxury Rooms were. My understanding is the main difference is the resort rooms also come with King Beds, the desk area might be a little different, and they have strip view. If I am not mistaken the Resort Rooms are the sections that are perpendicular to the main tower on the front of the building.

The resort rooms are nice. The extra bathroom space is great; the rooms have two big windows compared to the small windows in the hip rooms; and the extra space overall is nice.

I love the property overall, but I gotta admit the hollywood hip rooms were a disappointment. A little on the small side, dark, and what good is a strip view room with a small window that hasnt been washed in a while. My experience got much better when I switched to a resort room, and it appears the Mountain View Luxury Rooms would be nice also if the lack of a strip view is not a deal killer.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET's online system is good, but has some quirks. One is that if you're logged in and you're looking at the All Properties availability calendar and you use the dropdown to select a room that you don't qualify for a comp on, it sometimes will say "OPTIONS" and when you click on that, it will say they're sold out. Obviously they're not sold out.

Other times, on the individual property calendar it will say "SOLD OUT", when again, what it really means is that you don't qualify.

Based on my recent experience, I would recommend calling. The availability calendar made it look like I was eligible for 3 types of rooms, but would only let me actually book the bottom tier. When I called, the reservations agent booked me into the best one. That's not exactly the situation you have, but it's similar.

10. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Calling is your best shot. If you have a decent ADT, the "COMP" offers showing online are generally much worse than what the reservations line will give you. I just recently figured this out, and now I'm staying in Augustus Tower rooms at Caesar's instead of Deluxe King Suites at Imperial Palace...

11. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ike, I have heard that before, but I tried once and I didnt have the same experience....Do you call the Special Diamond Reservation number or the basic Rezzie line? I will try again next time, since I figure I must of just had bad luck when I called.

I did have luck getting an upgrade by emailing the Social Network Guy at CET, but I see where he left CET and went to Eastside Cannery so I dont know who to talk to now. Can my AC CET host help me in Vegas where I dont have a host?

12. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats disappointing then because they seem to have pretty good rates on the Fountain view HH rooms. If I call the reservation line will I be able to make sure I get a room with a good fountain view or is that subject to what they have at check in?

13. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

I'm not sure which is which. I'm a diamond member, but I don't know the diamond line and I don't have a host. I call the number that's listed on my mail piece. That's the one that has not problem putting me in the Augustus, even though the best room listed online as a comp is the Forum Tower.

14. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, I just checked PH's reservations, as I'll be in Vegas during that exact timeframe as well. I saw resort rooms listed, but for $224 a night. For comparison, their hollywood hip rooms are $74 a night.

15. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that just the Resort room or the resort vista, or mountain view resort?

16. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to book in December and the resort room isn't listed at all.

17. Daniel2011

Daniel2011 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an update I called PH directly today and ended up booking that way. I asked the guy why the Resort Room doesn't appear on the reservations section of the web site and he asked his supervisor and apparently they use the room exclusively as an upgrade or something along those lines? It sounded like it was a new thing they were doing and he said that only covered booking through the website and not third party sites such as Expedia. He ended up waiving some fees and other stuff for my problems so I guess it worked out.

So if you want to book a resort room directly through them I guess you have to call and ask for it, seems kind of silly to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.