1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using Restaurant.Com Gift Cards Downtown

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Frisky, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frisky

Frisky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be spending a week downtown the first part of July. We were thinking of using the Restaurant.com gift cards at the Flame Steakhouse inside the El Cortez and the Triple George Grill. In one of the Yelp reviews of the Flame Steakhouse it was stated that when the person told the waiter that they were using a Restaurant . Com gift card that the service was less than good and they waited an extremely long time for their order. My ??? is has anyone else used the Restaurant . Com gift cards at the two listed restaurants and what was the experience? Might try a card at the Hash House a go go in the Plaza also if anyone can comment. Yeah Downtown

2. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used the restaurant.com with no problems at the Flame, we couldn't use our points for the difference.

No problems with service or food

3. Frisky

Frisky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Don't understand why the other person had a problem there.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because sometimes people (waiters or customers) have bad days. And sometimes people (waiters or customers) are jerks. Review sites exist because everyone has a different opinion and different experiences to share.

I used a certificate at Triple George a couple years ago and had no problems. I've never had a problem anywhere I've used a r.com certificate (Vegas or at home in NC). Knock wood:peace:

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just used one of the certificates at Plaza's Hash House this on Wednesday morning. Had it out on the table before ordering. Service was flawless, and the server took it before the bill so that it could be phoned in and processed. No problems at all. This was at breakfast around 8am and it was quite busy, too. Take note that gratuity is automatically added in on these, so don't add another tip to the bill yourself. 18% is quite enough.

6. Frisky

Frisky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Hoya and Sam for the info. I understand that some of the review sites may have tainted info that is why I asked the question here where I knew I would get straight answers.

7. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is from Brazil and some of the Brazilian places do that too. I tend to over tip and the first two times, I didn't notice on the bill that they had already added it. No wonder they smiled so much.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do always check to see if the gratuity has been added - sometimes the certificate says that it will be added but then the restaurant doesn't do it. I don't want to double tip OR not tip at all, and you really don't know what a place will do - so just check:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.