1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife tiers question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tubbs, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Mlife Gold (achieved June 2011) with 123,000 TCs. I earned the TCs during 2 trips, June 2011 and Jan 2012, approx. 50% each trip.

My Gold status will expire next month. I will then have around 60,000 TCs and Pearl status. If I then pick up a new card will it be valid for 12 months from when Gold status expired or is the system sophisticated enough to know that I will drop the rest of my points in Jan 2013 and just give me a card with that date?

I suppose what I am asking is "when a player drops a tier, do they retain the new lower tier for 12 months or is it continually recalculated on a rolling 12 month period, with card expiry dates based on the next date when a player could drop enough TCs to drop to a lower tier?"

All this assumes I do not earn any more TCs in the meantime. Anyone know the answer?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    your Gold status will not expire next month. it expires 1 year after your last trip that put you above the threshold, which would be Jan 2013. so you can pick up a Gold card rigt now and it will have that expiration date on it.

yes, your TCs will roll off next month and you'll only have 60k or so, but still Gold until the 1 year timeframe passes. if you get back up over 100k at some point before then, you'll extend the Gold expiration for another year from that date.

3. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks shifter. Looks like I will have Gold longer than I expected.

4. mark338

mark338 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to Gold in July last year at which point got a new card dated until July 2012. Last month got to Platinium and so was hoping that the card would be valid until April 2013 - was told that as I had tier credits expiring in June that they would only date the new Platinum card until July 2012.

Wont be back in Vegas until August at which point I will be gold again - a very short lived period at platinium of which I gained no benefit - will just have to recover the tiers in August.

5. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds wrong. it should always be 1 year after you earn the last of your TCs. i think they screwed you.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Shifter, in that situation, your tier is supposed to be good for a year from the month you first earned it.

I had reached Gold on one trip in 2011 and reached Platinum on the second, and my card is stamped with an expiration date that's through the end of the month I reached Platinum.

Only thing I can think of is that calendar year comes into it somehow, but that's not supposed to be the case.

7. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Unless they've changed their policies drastically without telling anyone or updating the site, tier levels should last a year from the date they're earned.

The site even explicitly differentiates between tier credits and levels expiring in their FAQ:

https://www.mlife.com/booking/faq

8. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok everyone, not to threadjack but how about this one,
    If I earned Plat in Aug 2011, I am Plat until Aug 2012 - understood... but lets say:
    Aug 2011 - have 230,000 tier credits (Feb 2011 trip + July 2011 trip + Aug 2011 trip) reached plat in Aug 2011
    Feb 2012 - 80,000 credits expire (earned last Feb 2011) and earned 85,000 from current trip - new total (230,000 -80,000 = 150,000 + 85,000 = 235,000)
    Mar 2012 - new total 235,000
    Will my Plat status expire in Aug 2012 (when I first reached that level) or Feb 2013 (when I earned points again and maintained that level)?
    Thanks in advance to all the Mlife experts,
    BnV226

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the question I don't have an answer to yet.

I was Platinum going into my trip this Feb. When I left, I had over 200,000 credits, but then in March a bunch from Feb 2012 rolled off, andnow I'm just shy of 200,000.

I should have had a new card printed up before I left in Feb, to see if it still said July 2012, or had been extended to Feb 2013.

When I go in July, I'm going to get a new card printed before I play, and then I'll have the answer.

It's not that the level means that much to me, I just want to know the answer to the "rolling" question.

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a very similar situation to you. I went in Sept of 2011, earned Platinum on one trip. Went back in March 2012 and earned 100,000 more. I called MLife and was told my tier would expire in September of 2012, one year after I originally earned the tier, not March of 2013.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question there is, how many points did you earn in Sept 2011?

If your Sept 2011 and March 2012 trips totaled 200,000 or more, AND your tier status did not get extended, then that would argue that they do not recalc your tier every time you play.

It would argue that instead, when you first reach a tier, that sets your anniversary month (or possibly a specific date), and you then must accrue 200,000 additional credits in the following 12 calendar months in order to maintain your tier.

Still doesn't answer the question of what the date is if you get downgraded.

I don't think it's worth the mental gymnastics. :bang:

12. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you, it's more a curiosity. Although I will say, I recently booked a 3-nt compd stay through VIP services at Bellagio - the very nice lady on the phone said, "since you're plat I'll set you up in one of the resort (renovated) room." My offer was only for a standard room - so for once the tier level helped out - and yeah... I know Gold would've got that upgrade too, but it "feels" good to be platinum.:peace:

13. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did ask that question. I earned 227,000 in Sept of 2011. I earned another 100,000 in March of 2012. I have another trip planned in early September. I asked what my new expiration date would be if I earned another 100,000 on that trip. She said I would be Platinum until my March credits expired. It basically sounds like once your year expires, you lose the tier once you no longer have the tier credits to maintain it.

14. mark338

mark338 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the insight - Currently have 210K points which just got me to Platinium - I think I will be loosing 40K points in June which I will be able to make up quickly in Aug/Sept - will be interesting to see what expiry date I get on my card then.

My current card expires July 12 so will wait until I get the points back before getting a new one printed.

15. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is what i've concluded from what i've read and my own experience...

let's say you hit gold in jan 2012. then you earn platinum in june 2012 - that still expires in jan 2013. whatever points you have earned from feb 2012-jan 2013 will determine your new tier level (whether you will maintain platinum or drop back down to gold) and that lasts for a year.

for frequent vegas visitors, i don't think it matters too much since you'll drop and gain TCs fairly quickly, but for those who make it out twice or three times a year, i don't think it makes sense for them to claim you enjoy the benefits for a full year.

16. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you earn a new tier, you keep it for a year minimum after the date you earned it. (I think they handle expiration by quarters?)

However, to maintain it after a year, you have to have the appropriate number of tier credits in the 12 months preceding. In other words, after a year of reaching your current tier, you have to have enough tier credits over the past 12 months to keep that tier. You can lose it as soon as too many tier credits roll off.

Edit: On the other hand, I got a new tier in Feb. 2012, and my card said April 2012 (which is when enough credits would have rolled off to take me back down). Then I got a new tier in April, but I haven't picked up my new card yet, so I don't know when it expires. Confusing.

17. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought that any day you earned more TCs, at the end of the day it looked at the last 12 months and if you had at least X TCs it extended your expiration to that month.

for example, one trip i forgot my card and got a new one and it showed that it expired 12 months from that month. 2 months later on my next trip i forgot my card again and got another new one and the expiration date had been extended to 12 months from that new month.

but it may not work that way.

18. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish it did work that way. Here's a summary of what I understand to be true. Going up a tier resets your tier expiration date out one year. Play during that time, doesn't extend your tier date out any further. Once that year is up, you current tier is simply tied to how many tier credits you have at that time. Going down a tier doesn't entitle you keep that tier for a year. So if you went from Platinum down to Gold, and then 2 months later, more tier credits expired making you only eligible for Pearl - now you are Pearl. The only way to get your tier extended is to go up a tier.

For me, I'm going back in September, but probably would have been smarter to go in October. My tier would have dropped to Gold at the end of September, but then I could have re-earned Platinum in October, thus keeping it for a year. Going in September means my tier will expire at the end of September, and I will maintain it only until a large chunk falls off in March, when I will end up Gold again.

And all of this really probably doesn't matter, because your tier doesn't really affect your offers. I just like being Platinum.

19. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds like a dumb way to do it, but maybe that's what they've done. anytime you re-earn that tier, you should get it for another 12 months.

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. But look at if they did extend it out. You would have people giving their cards to friends to play a few dollars to get their tier extended. I mean, look at me. I earned Platinum in one trip - September, 2011. Let's say I didn't have a trip planned for over a year. I could give my card to someone in August of 2012, and magically get my tier extended out for another year.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.