1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When you book a comped room at CET...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by user3657, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your TR account online show 0$ as a deposit? This is booking using the TR calender and all nights are comped 0$. Your Deposit should then be 0$? right? now say you had to pay for only one night, your deposit is the one night? Your credit card is charged right then right?

My question is I am pretty sure I had flamingo comped for 6 nights. When I went to check in I used the kiosk and it showed every night as a charge. I freaked out because I had thought I was comped for all 6nights. I did book a few months back, but I never received a charge for the deposit and my TR activity says 0$ deposit.

When I got a person she explained only 4 nights were comped and the other two were 129$. Had no idea how they are pulling these random numbers out but I did not want to push it as I had deleted my reservation email along time ago. I figured I would wait to go home and check it out but I cant view any info other then it says my deposit was 0$.

So my question is if my original booking was total 6 nights and fri/sat were 129$ each why didnt they charge a deposit?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotels generally charge the first night's rate as your deposit.

So if your first night is comped, your deposit is zero.

3. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last summer when we stayed at the Flaming O we had four nights free, last night $50. I had to pay a deposit of $50 to reserve the room. That has been the case the past three times no matter what night was the one night I had to pay for.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am comped 4 nights for my next stay at Flamingo, first night is discounted to $65, that was my deposit. That is how it has always been at CET, you should be able to give someone in customer service your last name or confirmation # and they could tell you what your original booking was and re send you confirmation email.

5. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been my experience multiple times with CET..i always expect to pay the first paid night's deposit but if first night is zero I never get charged the deposit.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I surely would not attempt to connect the deposit amount to the room rate. It is often the case, but the real reason(s) for a deposit are to cover incidentals and to have something to charge against if you become a no show.

Incidentals include more than just phone, room service, etc. Possible damages come to mind.

Whenever someone tells me there is a deposit, I pretty much do not even listen. It does not cost or impact me anyway.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.