1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Part 3 - Mix-ology and the Art of Illusion I

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Lacy, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The entrance to Mix is tucked in a non-descript alcove on the lower floor of THEhotel. The red velvet ropes guarding the exclusive elevator are short, giving but the illusion of a line… probably because, there is no line. ;) A couple is purchasing tickets at the counter, but beside Bill and I, the rest occupying the alcove look to me like staff.

Shortly after arriving, Bill’s friend appears from behind the velvet ropes and ushers us past the counter and into a small hallway. A moment later, the doors swing open and all five of us crowd into the even smaller elevator. With no view at all, I’m relieved to know that the ride is express, directly to the 64th floor.

The club’s foyer is dark, it’s black leather interior and gleaming tile floor are softly illuminated by red overhead lights. Although they did strategically place white lights in the floor at potentially hazardous footings, I found myself almost skidding down a short unlit landing. Fortunately, I made a smooth recovery. :D

The view is indeed fantastic, stretching all the way down the strip and out past the bright island of lights, into the neighborhoods beyond. I look down at the Luxor next door and notice how the flashing lights lining all four corners, dance in unison up each side to it’s peak.

Gazing down the boulevard, Excaliber’s white castle is dazzling bright, reminding me of a light display at the Magic Kingdom. Across the street, my hotel The Trop, is dwarfed in the forefront of the MGM. The black façade of the massive, sprawling complex is accented with minimal lights, creating the illusion of a black void on the strip, in contrast to the flashing neon surrounding it.

The skyline of NewYork NewYork is as familiar to me as the real thing. But looking past Lady Liberty and over the tower, I am struck by a seamless illusion that causes me to pause. The three towering cranes standing sentinel over the partially completed suites at Caeser’s are framed perfectly against the background of the NYC skyline. I have stood in awe at an almost identical view from the Empire State Bldg.

I stand looking out over the city for a moment longer, breathing in the crisp night air, before turning toward the bar and a drink. Because the bar is slightly elevated, the bank of windows on one side offer the same stellar view as that from the patio, but without the wind and chilly temperatures.

Squeezing inbetween separate couples chatting, I am in the process of flagging down a bartender when I feel a tap on my shoulder. Believing it is someone with the same idea, I turn to get their drink order and find myself face to face with a smiling dark-skinned gentleman clad in an equally dark turtleneck and jacket. In the black décor of the club, he appears to fade into the night, his wide smile giving the illusion of floating white teeth. :D I ask what he is drinking. For an answer, he asks a question of his own. What are you wearing?

Obsession. I reply to this often-asked question.

Very nice. He responds, taking a deep breath of my scent before proceeding to tell me that I walked by his table and he had to follow, finishing this declaration by asking me to join him. I politely decline. Thinking I need a little persuasion, he deftly flashes his bling-bling watch declaring it still early, but would I like to go to a VIP club.

I remark that I have just arrived and thank him for his offer, adding with a smile… perhaps another time, before turning back to the bar just as the server finally reaches me.

... to be continued. ;)

[ December 28, 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Lacy ]

2. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

For those of you just tuning in, let me review the highlights of the first three installmants of Lacy's trip report:

Part I- Lacy rides up an elevator.

Part II- Lacy rides down an elevator and smiles at some college dudes.

Part III- Lacy rides back up an elevator, gets out, and trips.

Phenomenal storytelling, Lacy. I guess in the next episode of "Days of Lacy's Lives" we get to hear how you ride back down an elevator. Could the plot twist and turn to lead you to flag down a cab? Or even better....a limo? Or perhaps (one can only hope) go UP another elevator?

Do you use a ghost writer for this inspiring tale or is the muse of creative storytelling all you? :eek:

[ December 29, 2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Jack21 ]

3. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Lacy a plant from some other board sent here to bore the T2vers to death? [​IMG]

Will this trip report ever go somewhere?

Will Typh and Sin ever have post a vid of their MM wild hot oil wrestling match [​IMG]
    (oops...wrong thread!)

These and other stories still to be answered on "As T2V turns"

[ December 29, 2004, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: dkbk ]

4. Lacy

Lacy Guest

Hmmmm..... I do seem to be traveling on a lot of elevators, no true? :D Although one elevator trip, a few days later was quite inspiring. ;)

Again, it's my story to tell... however I like. [​IMG]

What? You got something better to do? :D

Part 4 - Mix-ology and the Art of Illusion II soon come...

5. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

God, one can only dream.... [​IMG]

6. yahoo

yahoo Guest

IMO...Lacy is a dude.

7. Lacy

Lacy Guest

:rolleyes: An example of how some people's opinions don't matter. [​IMG]

8. Lacy

Lacy Guest

Eventually. :D

9. HowardSternChick

HowardSternChick Newbie

No offense as you sound like a lot of fun - but Obsession is um from the 1980s... and men with turtle necks with sports jackets are quite lame. But carry on!

10. Lacy

Lacy Guest

I have worn the same scent for 20 years, so your math is about right. ;) As for 'floating teeth guy', why do you think I declined? :D

11. HowardSternChick

HowardSternChick Newbie

Thank be to God. I can't stand those vultures with no style.

Keep it coming chica!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.