1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report - Should I?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by nhcris, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the live trip report. It was a fun read.

2. tstidm1

tstidm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Live trip report. It was cool to see someone talking about the moments. Hope the trip back is safe.

3. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would love to hear either the live or the after report!!

4. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed following you on your travels! Thanks...

5. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved your live updates! Great TR!

6. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the live TR. It was an enjoyable read:peace:

7. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic. I'll have to remember that one.

:beer:

8. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some final thoughts............

I enjoyed the Palazzo, but I would like to stay someplace else next time. It took too damn long to get anywhere from our suite!

My experience with Tix4Tonight was very good and saved a couple hundred bucks (which I promptly donated to the Slot Gods).

Cirque Love is extraordinary.

In 8 days I never witnessed a hand pay and I never came close to one myself.

The M Resort is awesome and I would like to spend a couple of days there on a future trip.

Sam's Town is cute but I am too young to spend much time there.

Bouchon was excellent but one Top 25 Restaurant per trip is plenty.

There are several things I promised myself I would do and simply ran out of time. Have breakfast at Hash House A GoGo; check out South Point; see Carrot Top; get back to the Stratosphere ; play Sigma Derby (I am really mad that I forgot to do that!); go downtown; take F to a topless show; get down to Mandalay Bay and Luxor; play more video poker; and WIN at slots.

I loved my trip and I am very happy that I got to see as many shows as I did and that I was able to have lots of time to myself. It was great to see F every night, but most of the trip was virtually solo, and I think Vegas is the perfect place for a solo trip! I was never self concious about being alone and I never felt unsafe (although I exercised good judgement at all times).

Thanks for all the great suggestions and the encouraging words. I really enjoyed documenting my days, and I plan to figure out how to upload pictures for my next report. I am thinking no later than September for a return trip.....

My next gambling trip is a cruise in March although I will probably dash off to MoSun or Foxwoods in the meantime.

9. chinlover

chinlover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you nhcris for taking the time to do this report. It was fantastic!

10. pywakit

pywakit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoyed your report and for those thinking of the solo venture, it sure helps to know you felt comfortable.

11. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR!!!

12. Hardware

Hardware Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    still at Orleans? since i will be there two nights, perhaps i will have to see what this happy cat is all about.

13. vegasbuddy

vegasbuddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks nhcris. Your report was so good I almost felt I was in LV myself!

14. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NHChris - I have to agree with everyone that I really enjoyed your reporting from the Strip and appreciated every comment and observation.

When we are not there, such wonderful commentary brings Vegas just a little bit closer. You are doing a wonderful public service for your fellow VMB-ers...

Thanks again -

JZB

15. Hardware

Hardware Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just finished reading all your updates. i had to stop after p. 6 this afternoon.

lots of great stories, it was an entertaining read.

when i go next month, i won't have a laptop, but my girlfriend will when she arrives. i'll be solo from sunday night until wednesday afternoon, however, and unable to file a trip report before then. perhaps i'll use that generous 10 minutes of internet access the orleans gives me in exchange for my "resort fee" to pound out one quick anecdote on tuesday morning before checkout.

i chronicled memories of a florida vacation on my blog a few years ago while on the trip...definitely worth it if it's convenient and you can afford the time. some people like to read the newspaper on vacation, i'd rather write.

16. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hardware--if you go to the Orleans business center to use the internet I believe there are four computers. They ask for your room number and name, log you in according to time of day and point out a spot for you to access. I have used it when it was crowded and not so. If someone is waiting, they will ask the earliest person who logged in to vacate. There was a time when only one other was using the service, people came and went (checking in on line, checking e-mail I supposed) and no one was asked to leave during my 45 minute stay. Good luck in Vegas !!

17. jdub7

jdub7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks NHCris. That was great! While it was different than a BeeJay report, it was still great. I loved following each day with you and sounds like a great time with your son. He will definitely remember the trip and I am sure will be more than ready to head back when he is 21. I am planning on taking my daugher next year when she turns 21. I took both my daughters a few years ago when I was in town for a conference and they loved it, just being teenagers! I will be heading out in March too. I hope you give another report at that time. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.