1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris July 13 - 18

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by queentata, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I'm not the best at writing these, but love to read them in between trips, so here goes.

The husband and I went back to Paris, where we have stayed the last five times, and will continue to as long as they keep comping us rooms. Had five comped up front and used the $20 trick for a remodeled P room with a great view. I love those new rooms.

Played a lot of slots this time, as three card poker was cruel to us again, until later in the trip. No big wins, but ended up bringing back around half of our $5000 bankroll. Would have loved to have brought it back intact, but not to be this time. They took off $400 of the bill at checkout. The last few times they took it all, but it wasn't that much more. I love that. We don't charge what we could not afford, but it's nice when it comes off.

As usual, the staff at Paris is always very nice. Ate again at MAG. For lunch. Love that place, had the open faced shrimp salad and great creme brulee. Ate just inside the open patio doors, so stayed cool and enjoyed the view and fountains.

No shows this time. I'm waiting for Criss Angel and can't wait for that. Hopefully, can get back for my birthday if airfare gets reasonable again. Love to be there for my birthday. It should be a law!

Due to all the reading from here and other sites, went to Voodoo lounge for dinner one night. I don't know how I have not gotten there before, but will definitely go back. The view is INCREDIBLE! You have to see it to appreciate it. We had awesome seats, the service was great and the food was also. We both got a shrimp, lobster, filet combo. It was so much food, there was no way to eat it all. I love a good steak, but the shrimp was divine! We did go for sunset,and it was beautiful. Do it!

We spent quite a bit of time at the Mirage, because my husband likes their 4/8 game in the poker room. I don't really know a lot about poker, but he really liked this room. The last day there, first hand, I hit a straight flush, 2,3,4 of clubs for over $600 on a $30 bet!! Woohoo! Good hit on the last day to make up for some of the losses.

Of course, we took pictures in the "U" at the Revolution bar. So neat. So touristy. I don't care.

The best part of Mirage, though, was Japonais. I think this is the same restaurant, but completely redone, that has been there. We went for the sushi and had the best we have ever had. If you like it, try the tuna tuna roll. Yes, it's tuna twice. My god! Also had the best drink of my life there,and it was like a "When Harry Met Sally" orgasmic moment. I had a strawberry martini. It was like biting into a fresh strawberry. I was afraid it would be too sweet, but it was perfect. After every sip, I kept saying " Oh My God! This is so good!" It is made with Strasberi Stoli, Frambois liquer, and juices.Believe me, when my liver has had a small break, I will be trying to replicate that.

We sat at the sushi bar both times, yes we went back! and they were really friendly and helpful and talkative. The service was awesome. It was a true experience watching the artistry of all the different dishes.

We also like the IP, so went back there, even though I thought my Elvis was still gone!! No!! He is back!! He is so hot, and dances and shakes it so good. I hit a three of a kind and the husband got a straight flush at three card there. Wish we had not waited til the last night to go!

Another highlight was the new Wizard of Oz slot machines. It is my favorite movie of all time and the slot is a blast. The seat shakes on the bonus and speakers are in the headrest of the tall chair. We only saw them at Bill's and IP.

Okay, that was longer than I thought, just got carried away thinking about my favorite place on earth.

2. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!

5 days comped at the Paris?! How sweet is THAT? And $400 off the bill. Good for you.

I've never had any type of strawberry drink...but who's not always on the lookout for a "When Harry Met Sally" orgasmic moment? :blowkiss: I'll be sure to add that drink to my list for next time!

Sounds like a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing.

3. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR!:peace:

4. jsimpson

jsimpson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice TR...we will be staying at Paris at the end of September!

5. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! We love Paris, too!

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    queentata - thanks for the report.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.