1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

108/109 LAS to BTC at 1am?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Badger31, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking a red eye into Vegas in a few weeks and staying downtown. Curious how the 108 or 109 are at 1am as well as the walk to Fremont from BTC. I know others have said the walk from BTC to Fremont isn’t bad, but curious how it would be that late at night?

Solo Trip
  2. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me it wouldn’t be worth saving a few dollars to having to make a sketchy trip at the hour. However, to each their own. If you decide to take this option, please post your impressions of this mode of travel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally wouldn't hesitate to do it. In fact, I've done it many times at all hours of the day and night. Then again, I'm a pretty big guy, so I don't spook easily. You might be stepping over or around a few homeless folks, but if that doesn't bother you, it's highly unlikely you'll have any real problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. calwatch

calwatch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made that hustle at 3 am coming off a FlixBus to get to the Golden Nugget. I was walking pretty fast, there are some drunks and/or vagrants but they keep to themselves especially if you are speed walking. Interestingly the Golden Nugget carded me as I was walking in the hotel entrance, so there is an attempt to discourage lodgers without rooms from coming in.

City Hall and the jail are along the route so it is more the discomfort of desolation than any safety risk in my opinion. If you take the 109 get off at Fourth and Clark and walk straight up Fourth if you are headed to the D.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to walk to Fremont from the BTC. There are a number of bus routes that will take you there, depending on where on Fremont you are going.

6. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did that once. Got off at Westbound Clark after 4th from the 109 Not sure if that's closer for ya. Would do it again if the need arose. Just keep movin' and u should be fine.

7. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I always do.

8. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Starbucks along that route has made me more comfortable walking. I stay near the street, and really have not run into weird people the times I've walked it.

9. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've walked it a few times (when staying at the Plaza). Once was late-night, and it was a little "uneasy" feeling, but I had no issues.
    Not to sound sexist, but I wouldn't advise a woman to make that walk in the dark. Grab an Uber from the BTC, if it's dark... or take the CX & get off at the Walgreens, 4th & Carson.