1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Road trip to Laughlin - Redux - March 22-24

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Christina6001, Mar 22, 2024.

1. VegasDawg

VegasDawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if this is what you're talking about, but heading west from Winslow going to Flagstaff we stopped at a huge crater that was caused by a meteorite hit many years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lvaddictette

Lvaddictette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding the sanctuary, did you have a tour guide? That makes all the difference because they will tell you in great detail the story of each and every animal which will help you understand some of the living arrangements and why the workers do or don't do certain things. I have been there several times in the last 15yrs because they truly care about the animals. From what I remember about the two tigers you mentioned is they are brothers in their adolescent years and will fight for dominance so they have to be kept apart but they made sure to keep them next to one another. One of the monkeys lost his mate and they have tried to introduce him to others but he'll try to kill them which is why he lives alone. Another had an owner who removed all his teeth. There is a white tiger in a smaller enclosure and this is due to him growing up in a traveling roadside zoo and living in a cage he couldn't even turn around in. They tried to put him in a larger enclosure but it caused extreme anxiety and he was more relaxed in a smaller one.

All the animals have a story, majority are heartbreaking. Many of the big cats came from Vegas shows. I hope you'll give this place another chance and do the guided tour, it'll change your entire view and experience.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

awwww, sadness.

No, I didn’t do the guided tour. The timing didn’t work. I wouldn’t say no to going back for the guided tour, but since I’ve been and there’s so many other places I haven’t yet been, it won’t be a priority.

Thanks for sharing the info about the animals!