1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Poker Tournament Offer

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by pedrofan02, Mar 22, 2024.

1. pedrofan02

pedrofan02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever played in one of the invite-only Wynn poker tournaments? I’ve done a couple of the slot tournaments and they’ve been great but can’t imagine how an event like that translates to a poker tournament format. Curious if anyone has had any experience with these, the number of players(48) and the payout structure makes it very intriguing.

Attached Files:

2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago, before Covid, I did. I came in first after splitting at the end. (I had the highest amount, so I got the honor of first even though we split the pot instead of finishing all the way.) Wynn runs a good tourney. Nice poker room. It's actually on the Encore side.

3. pedrofan02

pedrofan02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Kisby was there a welcome reception and free food like they do with the slot tournaments?

4. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there was, I wasn't aware of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These invitational/offer tournaments are about as hyper-turbo as you'll ever see in a live structure, especially at Wynn's poker room (who normally run wonderfully-structured tournaments).

That said, it's the best poker on the strip as far as I'm concerned, and for a free shot at the prize pool, no reason not to.

6. pedrofan02

pedrofan02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not quite free, per the tournament rules I have to deposit $25k of front money to participate and I'm guessing they expect me to use some of it LOL

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1