1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last Night Of The Tropicana: April 1 at 9pm - Chill’m Bar

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Jack O. Better, Feb 5, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never took this invite to mean a big slumber party even in different rooms at Trop. Did you?! lol

Just figured normal get together at Trop for eating, drinking, and/or gambling?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could be fun especially if they give out all the un hit progressives as free play
    I'm not sure what happens to them with a complete shut down but I have a sneaky suspicion the state will have its hand out

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jack O. Better

Jack O. Better Boring Math Killjoy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, although obviously anyone who also stays the night is the coolest. Listen, I don’t make the rules :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a most worthy endeavor, but, alas, we can't get to Vegas until the third week of May. We have, however, walked through the last few trips to have a drink and celebrate some great memories there. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. moongoa

moongoa You got to want it!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to be there, but unfortunately I have some prior commitments plus I’ll be there on 4–4 so that puts me out. I am going to be there on 3–2 to 3–3 for my last stay at the Trop. Funny the nostalgia thing is is real. I’m leaving a decent suite at the Aria to stay on a lower level, basic trop room. But got to do it. I want to play some craps underneath the stain glass.

Castle fun
    I’m sure I’ll need an escape from the trashy castle
    • Like Like x 3
  6. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any info on if an actual meet up is going to happen? Like a slot pull or something

• Like Like x 1
  7. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in if a slot pull or meet n greet happens.
    I just noticed that the banner ad at the bottom of my screen is for the Tropicana, the irony.

• Like Like x 3
  8. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Jack O. Better if you can get a slot pull/meet and greet plan started, you will get a lot of interest like the member above mentioned.

Jack, you need to decide on a time and where in the tropicana we want to meet and if slot pull, the buy in amount and the rules you would like on April 1st. I like doing slot pulls where whatever we win at the end we split to at least get something back if we do not break even. Also whatever little we do win, I think I may want to throw it in a slot of my choice before they close down for good. :)

I think evening is a good time, like after work hours so locals who are members here can join us if they like. I know I will not be available til evening. 8pm might be a good time, this way its getting closer to closing time. 6pm or later I am good with. Gotta check out of gold coast in the afternoon and then check in downtown at the D and want to relax before hopping back on bus to go to tropicana.

Also another idea to bring up is a member volunteering to get a tropicana chip for each of us who wants to get one and I believe tables are the only way. Not sure if you can walk up to a dealer and give 5 bucks for a 5 dollar chip and walk away without playing. I think I heard they have 5 dollar chips left minimum (no more dollar ones), so whoever wants one can give volunteer 5 bucks to get one. I know some of you play tables.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they'll be doing lots of that during the final days, probably going to be encouraged by management as they will be chips that never get cashed in. (Perhaps throw in a tip too).

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I absolutely did this last week. I bought a $25 dollar chip from a dealer for a friend who used to stay at the Tropicana and gave the dealer a $5 tip. I will give the chip to my friend for his birthday.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s a little odd he hasn’t replied. I’ll text him. Cuz I had also planned for this meetup!

12. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see on the Twitter that 'Vital Vegas' the well known rumour monger was saying that Tropicana has run out of $1 chips already at the hands of souvenir hunters (plus limited table game hours due to staff leaving).

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you could just pick a solid time for a meet. If it works, it works and others will rsvp. If @Jack O. Better is not able to do this now and you really want this to happen, seems like to easiest thing to do. Like you said, the interest is there.

14. Liondownnow

Liondownnow Local and Lovin’ It

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Jack O. Better , This is a great idea and can be a lot of fun!! Sadly I will be on a cruise and unable to do it. My wife and I did this exact thing when they were closing the Riviera and booked a suite on their final night. The bar ran out of a few different beer brands and we started drinking whatever was left. Fun times.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone heard from JoB? The last time we texted was March 16. I texted him yesterday morning to follow up about this meetup. Then I texted this morning. Both show as unread.

I know he works weird long shifts, but this isn’t like him so I’m legit starting to get concerned.

16. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Rage,rage against the dying of the light

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no I haven’t heard from job

17. Jack O. Better

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, I actually didn't get those texts? And I've just not been posting for a few because I'm super busy outside of the forum.. :)

@SoCalMon - sounds like you may be the best person to organize a slot pull, if you want one, as you're certainly more into the idea than I am! Also, I am going to be busy as shit between now and when I set out for this trip and can't promise to be able to organize much further than the (deliberately) quite vague nature of my original post on this thread. If you wanna get a slot pull together, feel free! I'm not the only one driving this train. I just happened to be the one to make the post about it :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jack O. Better

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and a change in my plans for anyone to whom it matters: I am no longer staying the last night at the Trop. It seems like the 'real' shutdown is going to happen the night before and all that I'd do by staying overnight is inconvenience the remaining staff for a fee of, including taxes, almost four hundred dollars. I'm just going to remain in my comp room elsewhere and travel to and from the Trop for its final blaze of glory.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heyo. Got your text and responded, but I think you’re still not receiving my texts lol. Will
    Inbox you here:)

20. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Re-Re-Retired Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding text message issue - I'm on AT&T and I have seen some messages not go through recently
    I'd get an alert later saying that the message was not delivered ... But it doesn't really give me an indication when I open the text message so I can't keep track of what was and wasn't delivered
    It could be that the RCS protocol messages are not going through? Will have to look into it

• Informative Informative x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.